Majesty of the Seas

Is the majesty as run down and a poor choice as I have read in some reviews? I was on her some years ago and it was alright then. My son wants to take a short cruise and the price is more than right. He also has an option on Enchantment but the price is $70/day pp MORE! I thought that Majesty was worth the savings but he seems upset over some of the reviews.

Any one been on her recently for the lowdown?

Thanks

Rob

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;8;28;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Until Zuiderdam and our 26th AnniversaryBR>

SeaEscape 12/82
SS Norway 12/86
Emerald Seas 12/89
Sovereign of the Seas 3/91?
Majesty of the Seas 10/96
(The trip to Hell & Back!)
Majesty of the Seas 3/97
(Make-up for Above!)
SS Norway 9/01 "Farewell
Voyage"
Explorer 8/30/03-Cabin 1688

i was on her in january (after being on voyager in july) and loved her!!!

Jim Bulger
Monarch
explorer
majesty
Voyager 6-29-03
are we there yet
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2003;06;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

We just got off the Majesty this morning and I loved it. The food was great and the public areas were well kept-up. I had heard that the ship was going into overhaul this fall sometime, so I expected some slackening of the upkeep, but was pleasantly surprised. Our cabin, however, was shabby with ripped upholstery with foam coming through, a torn bedspread and stained carpet. I can't say if this was common throughout the ship or only because we had the lowest-priced category. The cabin was very clean, however, and I certainly would never let something like that ruin my cruise. I would highly recommend the Majesty for a short cruise.

Well, I cruised on a 3 day on the Majesty last May. This was our first time on RCCL.

We took this cruise prior to an 11 day on the Dawn Princess. We were actually disappointed on Princess after our experience on the Majesty.

Next we cruise the Enchantment for a 4 day. Really, we like to cruise all different lines, but after our Majesty cruise we did have a desire to go back to RCCL again.....

If our opinion holds any value... we have the highest regards for the Majesty and would cruise her again in a heartbeat.

I cruised her in December 03 and thought she was in fine shape...Had a balcony cabin on Deck 10. That was great because I do feel the other cabins are way small. JMHO...

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;6;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until Jewel of The Seas<BR

Sensation 3/99
Majesty of The Seas 12/03

I was on the Majesty in Aug '03 with my two boys. We were on deck 3 in an inside cabin. While it was one of the smallest cabins I've been in (except for my NCL Majesty cruise), I thought it was well maintained and had a great layout. I found the public areas to be nicely kept and the service was terrific. I am cruising her again in January, bringing my husband this time. And after checking some prices, I think we are going to switch from the 3 day to the 4 day. I hope this helps with your decision. Enjoy!

Shirley
cruising-courtesy-kindness

3-Night Anniversary Cruise on Majesty of the Seas . . . January 7, 2005

Family spring break cruise on the Dawn . . . April 17, 2005

NCL Majesty 11/98
CCL Ecstasy 1/01
CCL Fascination 11/01
CCL Fascination 4/03
RCI Majesty of the Seas 8/03
CCL Imagination 12/03
CCL Fascination 5/04

Archived