Erasable Message Boards/Balcony Doors

martyap

We're on the 6/20 Pride sailing... Deck 5 Aft Balcony....Three cabins ....As a way to keep in touch with each other's whereabouts we want to put small erasable message boards on each outside door................Could you tell me if magnets or painter's tape would work best.:confused::confused::confused:

Also, would a bungee cord work to keep the balcony door open? what size?:confused::confused:

A magnet may work to hold a piece of paper but that's about it...

I'd use that double side foam tape to hold up the little white board... lots of folks have done it in the past.

Be prepared to get some messages from random passers by...

:rolleyes:

I would bet you'll find more messages erased, and other unwanted messages written. At best, the message board will go missing.

You're best using plain ole pen and paper, and use the mail recepticles or mail clippers provided.

I would bet you'll find more messages erased, and other unwanted messages written. At best, the message board will go missing.

:mad:Probably by/from those who left their "things" on lounge chairs by the pool at 7AM (right after finishing a nice room service breakfast) and were on their way to the Lido to see if they could polish off umpteen pieces of bacon before parking their __ __ __ on that saved lounge chair until lunch at 10!!!:eek: Isn't cruising fun!!!!

A magnet may work to hold a piece of paper but that's about it...

I'd use that double side foam tape to hold up the little white board... lots of folks have done it in the past.

Be prepared to get some messages from random passers by...

:rolleyes:

Mach since you have insider connections could you please ask wether or not signs are allowed on the doors? When we sailed the Dream last month friends of our hung a really cute sign on our door on the first day. Someone else must've thought it was cute as well since it was taken during the night.

A couple days later I called and talked to Todd about the sign during his morning show. When we went to the past guest party Todd and I were talking about this sign along with the friend that gave it to us. The hotel director was standing there as well. When he heard the sign had been on the door he said "Your cabin steward may have removed it as nothing is permitted to hang on the doors due to the fire hazard". We asked if this was new and he said no but it's being enforced now. When my friend mentioned having scrapbook stickers on her door that were untouched he replied "I can't hear this as they are not supposed to be on there".

Ours was not taken by the room steward and never reappeared after being taken.

Now I know signs have been on doors for ages but is the no signs allowed something we can expect to see enforced in the future? We did see a few CC group signs taped on doors that remained untouched. I'd just hate to see someone go through the effort to make a wonderful sign only to have it taken down.

The way it was explained to me was if anything is attached to the door with tape, that they will remove it. If you use that non-sticky putty stuff, it's fine. The doors are not magnetized, so you have to use something else. The frames are magnetized, so you have a part where you can stick something there.

To OP, someone on our roll call put a magnet on the back of a Post-It pad and magnetized it to her mail box and people would leave notes all over her door. It was cute.

We took a dry erase board one time and would leave a question for the day (what's your fav DOD? where are you from? etc.) and people would write their answers all over the board. It was cute and fun.

Archived