on board booking

knitpurl

Don't know how this works..we just booked a B2B for 10/2011...booked thru Celebrity..We will be on board in Oct., 2010 ( didn't want to wait to book on board so we could get the same cabin for both, and get one we wanted. )

Question...the booking agent said when we are on board we can change the booking to take advantage of the on board booking bonuses but I am not quite sure how that would work,,

if someone knows and can explain, thanks

When you get on board, go see the "Loyalty Ambassador". She/He will be able to set up your already booked cruise with a different Booking Number that will give you the "perks".

We did this a couple of times with cruises already booked. It should be no problem.

Hope This Helps.

When you get on board, go see the "Loyalty Ambassador". She/He will be able to set up your already booked cruise with a different Booking Number that will give you the "perks".

We did this a couple of times with cruises already booked. It should be no problem.

Hope This Helps.

Really, you can do this? I have a March 2011 Constellation cruise booked. We hopefully will cruise one more time before than in October 2010.

They already have our deposit of $900 so besides the on-board credits are there any other perks?

Thanks.

Hope This Helps.

sure does and thanks..I sort of thought you might know the answer...

Yes, you can do it. We were already booked for Mercury's Panamal Canal cruise when we were on Summit last Oct. We rebooked the Panama Canal and got the $300 credit PLUS the credit from my TA. It was a new booking number, but then I called the TA when I got back and got my same room (which I ultimately upgraded before sailing when the prices went down). Our friends who were with us on Summit were booked for the Millie (on it right now) and didn't rebook, was afraid they would lose their room or "something." I think it's a nobrainer. Then I booked a new cruise while on Mercury for next year, got the OBC, and will transfer it to my TA with more perks.

Really, you can do this? I have a March 2011 Constellation cruise booked. We hopefully will cruise one more time before than in October 2010.

They already have our deposit of $900 so besides the on-board credits are there any other perks?

Thanks.

Perks are reduced deposit (which may not matter in your case), OBC based on cruise lenghth ($100/stateroom for 7 days, $50 for 5 days), and some type of upgrade. You keep these perks even if you transfer the booking to a TA.

We just booked two future cruises while on board the Summit. Got upgrades for both. One was C1 for C2 price, the other was C2 for C3 price. These gave us the rooms we wanted at a better price. Some have mentioned upgrades of two or three grades but I don't know about that. We plan to transfer the bookings prior to final payment and will look for a good combo of TA perks:OBC, pre-paid gratuties, insurance, etc.

Hope this helps,

Sara

Hope This Helps.

sure does and thanks..I sort of thought you might know the answer...

Hey Rita!!

I didn't even realize it was you until I read your response. How are you and Joel doing?? Where are you going in Oct.?

We are booked for Nov. - another Thanksgiving Cruise. :D

Good to hear from you.

Hey Rita!!

I didn't even realize it was you until I read your response. How are you and Joel doing?? Where are you going in Oct.?

We are booked for Nov. - another Thanksgiving Cruise. :D

Good to hear from you.

we are getting off the Equinox in Nov., 2010, as you get on..and then we are doing the Eclipse in Oct. 2011...guess we are hooked on Celebrity...

honestly though we loved that Jewel Panomaniac cruise...

One thing to keep in mind is that if you start again on board with a new booking number, you get the current pricing for that cruise. If prices have increased since your original booking, I am pretty sure you would only keep the lower price if you hold onto your original booking. Anybody have this experience?

One thing to keep in mind is that if you start again on board with a new booking number, you get the current pricing for that cruise. If prices have increased since your original booking, I am pretty sure you would only keep the lower price if you hold onto your original booking. Anybody have this experience?

This is exactly right. I had previously booked a 12 day Nov. 2010 Mercury cruise. Wanted to rebook it on board the Summit earlier this month. However the cabin price had increased more than the amount we would have received in additional on board credit so we left things as they were.

Ironically this week the price went down again so if I was on a cruise this week I could have come out ahead. Oh well.

Now that makes more sense.:)

Archived