Help me choose!

TinkyPatz

The balcony prices came down for my sailing and I decided to take the plunge and get one.

I've read on here before that Carnival shows only 10 cabins per category, but really they have more than that available. If I call Carnival will they give me a list of all the available rooms?

I'm paying for an 8A balcony with free upgrade to 8B, on the Carnival Liberty. What is showing up on their website is on the Upper deck, and the cabins that I'm considering are:

6284 - right above the sports bar

6384 - above the video arcade

Or would I be better off choosing a cabin near the atrium elevators? I didn't think this was such a good idea because I believe it's a frequented area and maybe we would hear the "ding" from the elevators :confused:

I did a search and got conflicting answers about the noise coming from below the upper deck... Has anybody been in or near these cabins recently that can tell me if it was noisy at night or not?

Tinkypatz;

If by atrium elevators you are referring to cabins 6270 through 6279, I personally would go for one of those. These cabins are directly over the Fun Shops on Deck 5. Shouldn't be much noise coming from that area.

I was on the Freedom in March and had room 1060 which was 'behind' the elevators. We never heard noise from the elevators. The entry to the elevators was toward the center of the ship and there was a pantry area immediately behind the elevators. We never heard any noise from the pantry area either. Some consider close proximity to the elevators to be a benefit.

Enjoy your trip.

Tinkypatz;

If by atrium elevators you are referring to cabins 6270 through 6279, I personally would go for one of those. These cabins are directly over the Fun Shops on Deck 5. Shouldn't be much noise coming from that area.

I was on the Freedom in March and had room 1060 which was 'behind' the elevators. We never heard noise from the elevators. The entry to the elevators was toward the center of the ship and there was a pantry area immediately behind the elevators. We never heard any noise from the pantry area either. Some consider close proximity to the elevators to be a benefit.

Enjoy your trip.

Thanks for the info!!

If you book a cabin directly in front of the atrium, can you step out of your room and see straight into the atrium area or is there a wall and a corridor in between the cabin door and the atrium?

I'm specifically looking at 6280... is there a wall in front of it, or is it open, keep walking until you run into the atrium railings and can look up and down?

Yes, I'm anal about knowing all these little details :o

I would go for midship as well. I always get a cabin near the elevators and have never had a noise issue. On the other hand being close to the elevators makes it easier to get around the ship.

I'm specifically looking at 6280... is there a wall in front of it, or is it open, keep walking until you run into the atrium railings and can look up and down?

Yes, I'm anal about knowing all these little details :o

I believe there is a wall there.

Archived