Cruise Care Question

katiebeth

Greetings,

I would love to hear from anyone who has had to cancel on cruise due to medical reasons prior to departure and your experience with Cruise Care (booked thru Celebrity).

We are booked on the June 1st Celebrity Eclipse and have been looking forward to this trip for over a year. We are a family of four and (me, my husband, and two teenage children). My elderly parents were also scheduled to take this cruise with us. My father is turning 80 next month and we were taking them on the cruise to celebrate his birthday. Up until a few weeks ago, he has been in very very good health. Unfortunately, he is having some fairly significant kidney and bladder issues at this time and is going thru some testing. He is scheduled for a test on Tuesday, May 25th to determine if he is a candidate for surgery. We are scheduled to leave for London on the 29th of May. It is looking increasingly likely they he and my mother will not be able to go with us. They want us to go ahead with our plans and my father will schedule surgery, if he is a candidate, when we return.

Fortunately, we have had many great cruises together, but obviously we are all very disappointed. We are waiting until his test and appt. with the doctor on the 25th to make our final decision.

I am assuming that if the doctor determines he is unable to travel overseas that he will provide a letter and we will need to fill out a claims form?

For those of you who have had Cruise Care and had to cancel, I am wondering if they were accommodating and easy to work with, or do they put you through a lot of hoops?

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Nancy

Used Cruise Care in February of 2009. When you cancel with Celebrity, they will advise what refund, if any, you are entitled to. They will also give you a cancellation number.

We phoned Cruise Care with that number and they gave us a claim number. They sent appropriate forms in the mail. Simple to fill out; doctor did his part. Forms sent to Cruise Care. check was sent promptly.

I believe Cruise Care's rules and regulations can be found somewhere on Celebrity's website. You should check them out ahead of time, this way you will know what your are getting into.

It was simple and easy.

Archived