Banned List - call from Carnival

Ambrosia64

Power strips are NOT banned...

If this is indeed the case it sounds like another example of Carnival Cruise Line's Customer Service being on top of things yet again!

I would wonder if indeed power strips are banned. It would make sense if these are things brough onboard in quantity by passengers. It may be the power supply on the ship isn't capable of handling all of them. Which might explain the numerous power failures on Carnival ships..the Dream has experienced numerous power failures since entering service.

Mach, Appreciate all you do, you have the patience of Jobe.

We took one of those small battery fans- 2D batteries we ran it the 1st night and it died. The gift shop didn't have D batteries. Since fans are ok again I'll take my tiny office fan.

I'm glad Carnival took out the wattage requirements. Next time I WILL get my curling iron :).

I'm all for safety I guess its the people who lack common sense who we need to worry about.. and we all know someone who fits the mold :D

The policy is written intentionally vague so the cruise line does not have to confiscate those items but still retains the right to in the event a staff member finds a safety risk. My wife has taken a curling iron, blow dryer, and straightener (I know ...curling and straightening both?) on all 5 cruises without so much as a mention of problems. I can't speak for fans, but the largest concern on a Navy ship (4 years) is ALWAYS fire, so anything running on an extension cord makes me nervous. Hope your cruise is fantastic.

"Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff"

The policy is written intentionally vague so the cruise line does not have to confiscate those items but still retains the right to in the event a staff member finds a safety risk. My wife has taken a curling iron, blow dryer, and straightener (I know ...curling and straightening both?) on all 5 cruises without so much as a mention of problems. I can't speak for fans, but the largest concern on a Navy ship (4 years) is ALWAYS fire, so anything running on an extension cord makes me nervous. Hope your cruise is fantastic.

"Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff"

I totally agree with this!!!!! As far as Im concerned you can take a fan, power strip,laptop and just about whatever else has been mentioned. I think this is just like the "dont come to the ship until 1:30" policy! They are hoping that a majority of the people do this, but most of us know, we can arrive between 10-11 and they are happy to see us! But, if everyone came at those times, it would probably be very busy for them!

Enjoy your cruise!!! I cant wait! Dot

I understand the reasoning, but I hate that heating pads are not allowed. I have back problems and if I can spend some time on a heating pad between an excursion and dinner, I am usually good to go. The infirmary usually just has one, and I've never been able to get it. I wish they would put microwaves in the laundry facilities and I could use one of those things you just heat up. Oh well, I guess I will have to pack more pain pills. Good thing I don't drink! :D

Therema care makes a heating pad that is air activated and is portable. You take them out of the pack and the air makes them heat up. They are good from anywhere of 8 to 16 hours of heat. You just wrap them around you and velcro thm closed. They are great and they come in several sizes to fit most people. I love them when my back or shoulder is acting up and I can't be tied to a plug in heating pad.

Therema care makes a heating pad that is air activated and is portable. You take them out of the pack and the air makes them heat up. They are good from anywhere of 8 to 16 hours of heat. You just wrap them around you and velcro thm closed. They are great and they come in several sizes to fit most people. I love them when my back or shoulder is acting up and I can't be tied to a plug in heating pad.

Yeah, I totally agree. These things are fantasic, as you aren't effectively tied to a wall. Great for long car trips too.

• 1 month later...

Archived