Afternoon in Grand Cayman? Any suggestions please...

gatorclaw

Ok- we're going on Valor 03/06/05. In Grand Cayman, we'll be snorkeling in the morning near the pier probably. If it's time effective, rush back to the ship for lunch and dump off our stuff and change clothes.... THEN WHAT?? I figure we'll have about 3 hours and needs something to do.

Help a brother out- give me some fun ideas for an afternoon in Grand Cayman. Anything: water sports, fun bar, beach, etc. Just no 'boring' tour in an air conditioned bus or something. Thanks in advance.

I'll be on the Valor a couple of weeks after. In GC, the current plan is a 10:30 stingray city/snorkel trip with Native Way and then more snorkeling in the afternoon. Maybe Cemetary Reef and/or Eden Rock. Lunch will be purchased somewhere on the island.

Some free samples of rum cake and perhaps a purchase. Maybe shopping for an ancient doubloon.

To go back to the ship requires an extra round trip tender ride and probably waiting in line for food. I think that will take at least 1 1/2 hours + there is always the danger the nap fairy will decide to pay a visit.

I think once on land it is best to keep going until you decide to call it a day and head back to the ship.

GatorClaw,

I have been to the Cayman Islands before and I have to be honest, there isn't much to do around town, except for some over priced shopping. I would highly recommend a tour of Sting Ray City ($25-39 pp); it is truly an amazing experience. From there, I would go to seven mile beach and relax for a little (not sure if they have water sports). The snorkeling in the Cayman's is not that great, in my opinion. Also, check out one of the many Tortuga Rum Factory Stores. Rum cake is the bomb Oh, and maybe pick up a Cuban cigar. As for lunch, it might be a waste of time to go back on the ship considering that we tender at this port.

I have a similar question. We'll also be in Grand Cayman. Want to go to 7-Mile Beach in a.m. and Turtle Farm after lunch. Does anyone know how often the "bus" runs? Where is the least trendy spot to relax at 7-Mile or do you recommend another beach.

Thanks!

Sea Grape beach seems to be pretty popular. There is Calico Jacks there with food and drinks. You can rent a chair and water sports (jet ski, kayal, parasailing, etc). Its only a few mins from town by taxi - $4 per person.

For Carolatsea there are plenty of taxis there waiting to take you away so just ask them to take you to the Rum Cake factory. Sorry, not sure about least trendy. You can stop there and walk to an area away from the bars and such.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived