Captain on Solstice?

sailsalot

Does anyone know who the captain will be on the Solstice in July? We leave on the July 25 cruise, and were hoping it might be the same captain we had on the Constellation in Oct. 2009. We loved him!!

Thanks!

Solstice had a change of Captains in April. The new Captain is Yannis Berdos and should be on your cruise. Apparently not as much personality as the previous Captain. He ends every update with..."this is Greek Captain Berdos...OUT".

I may be wrong, but I believe most Celebrity Captains work 3 months on duty and 3 months off duty, so you might want to take that into consideration when calculating their schedule. I believe this is pretty much an industry standard now for most all major cruise ship lines since they are basically either on duty or on call 24/7 while they are onboard.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping if this one isn't so great personality-wise, then maybe there will be a change before the cruise at the end of July. Of course, what's most important is that they excel at their job!! But having a great personality can really add to the experience for the passengers.

Since I have yet to cruise (due to do so in October), in what ways does the Captain interact with passengers? I figured he drove the bus, so to speak...

He's normally on the bridge when entering and leaving port, but then he has a harbor pilot driving the bus. While underway, he has crew driving the bus.

The Captain on Solstice was a real hoot. He was all over the ship interacting with the passengers. Can't remember his name -- just know he was "Greek." He let us know that all the time.:D

The Captain on Solstice was a real hoot. He was all over the ship interacting with the passengers. Can't remember his name -- just know he was "Greek." He let us know that all the time.:D

Is, I think [i was last on [i]Solstice[/i] in February], Dimitrios Kafetzis... He is a real personality and very witty; hope I have a chance to sail with him again...

Archived