Dolphin Swim & Sting Ray City ????

sunshinegal59

• 1 year later...
Has anyone done the Carnival dolphin swinm & sting ray city tour? Need comments, etc. For $150 pp I want to hear some of your experiences.

Thanks for your help. Leaving on Legend June 6th!!! Woo Hoo!!!!! :)

Would love to know what you thought of this excursion!

Watch "The Cove" movie before you decide if you want to do a dolphin swim.

80% of dolphins used at these captive interactive centers are shipped from Japan, who then slaughter the hundreds of dophins that aren't sold.

These practices will never stop as long as there is a market. :(

150 is a good price to pay for any dolphin swim, however you might want to see which park they go to as one is better than the other. Also, if you are going to cozumel might want to look into doing the dolphin swim there. We actually found you get more for the money at the park in Cozumel.

However if you are concerned at all with dolphins being treated right I would recommend only doing a dolphin swim in the states where they are protected by the MMPA. It will cost you more but you're not contributing to dolphin slaughter and you are actually putting money back into the societies that work to preserve marine life.

We considered doing a dolphin swim on our next cruise in either grand cayman or cozumel because they are so much cheaper than places like discovery cove. But after doing a little research my conscience got the better me and I'd rather pay more and go to somewhere I know the dolphins are treated right and protected by law.

Archived