Kantishna Air Taxi

runner5

I am scheduled for the Kantishna Air Taxi that is 55 sight seeing and drops us off at Kantishna for the bus ride back. The flight leaves at 12:30pm (in August) Just wondering if anyone has any input for this excursion. Will I have enough time to see Kantishna? Thanks for any advice!!!

Kantishna is just an area deep in the park that is still owned by Native Alaskans. There isn't really anything there other than a restored homesteader's house. There is no town or village. If it is possible for you to switch to the bus in and the flight out I believe that is the better option because often the buses make more wildlife stops on the way in than they do on the way out.

If it is possible for you to switch to the bus in and the flight out I believe that is the better option because often the buses make more wildlife stops on the way in than they do on the way out.

Commentary on the buses on the way in is usually much better on the way in than out.

I agree with both previous posters. I have taken the bus in and the flight out a couple of times. ABSOLUTELY spectacular experience. Flying directly into the North Face of Denali FROM Kantishna is NOT to be missed. You REALLY think you are going to hit the mountain (you are almost a mile away). I can't imagine that you would get the same experience flying INTO Kantishna.

Archived