excursions with an infant in southern carribean

hotgal1

my husband and I are heading to the southern caribbean cruise on the Carnival Victory line in June. I am hoping that some of you could help me figure out some excursions that we could take our 6 month old with us. I'm not too keen on leaving him, and I don't think we could anyway. any suggestions would be really great!

When we travelled with our 6 month old, we avoided formal excursions. While she was a fabulous baby, she still had her moments and I didn't want to be "stuck" somewhere. We would judge each day -- often we would just stroll in the ports. In Dominca, we hopped a cab and did a bit of a tour of the island and then went to see Emerald Falls (my husband had her in the Baby Bjorn). In Grenada, we walked around looking for spices.

Our daughter is 3 and has been on 4 cruises. We have low expectations -- we go to spend time together away from the cold (we're from central Canada), not have to worry about cooking and cleaning, and anything more than that is a bonus.

What islands are you going to? That might help us with some ideas. Really avoiding ship's excursions is probably the best way to go. Look at where they are going and see if it's something you would like to do. Then plan it on your own.:) You never know when the 6 month old is going to be 'done' and that's it. :)

Archived