Any last minute advice?

We are just one week away from taking the kids to grandparents before heading out for our first cruise, celebrating our 10th anniversary. Can't wait! We'll be on Ecstasy out of Galveston, stopping in Progresso (where we've booked an excurstion to some Mayan ruins) and Cozumel (where we've booked the day at Nachi Cochum).

I've learned so much on these boards. Thanks! Any last minute suggestions or advise would be most appreciated!

Have fun! Words cannot express how wonderful that first cruise feeling is when your feet hit the ship and you explore for the first time....have a wonderful trip...I am so jealous (not the real mad kind of jealous, just the "wish I was there" jealous:)

Now I know you've never been on a cruise.:D There is food everywhere, so there is no need for snack or vending machines. However, I do believe that there are soda machines on each of the cabin decks. I suggest you pull up the deck you are on on-line and take the time to see where your room is located, how far it is from the elevators, what's above and below you, etc. You will also be able to see where the laundry rooms and ice machines are.;) Every night we peruse the Carnival paper to see what's up on the ship the next day. You are going to have a great time!:D

Congratultions on your 10th Anniversary. We are celebrating our 25th this year.:D

Carry extra batteries with you on excursions...you don't want to miss any good pictures.

Use a backpack to carry your things off the ship, also keeps your hands free while shopping.

Hat, sunscreen, and bug spray!

Have a wonderful cruise...Happy Anniversary!!:D

The best advice is, as many others have said, is to have FUN!

When we were at Progresso and my wife and I took serious advantage of those 45 minute massages on the beach for $15.

A comfy table under an umbrella on the beach. A relaxing massage... gentle breeze stirring the air... ocean waves and faint laughter as a soundtrack while you lightly doze. Not a worry in the world except keeping that little umbrella in your drink from poking you in the eye when the massage is over. <sigh>

Ok, We may have to book another cruise to Progresso! :D

Archived