New Poll: Who else IS sick of the smugglers....

saturnsc

Are you as sick of the smugglers as I am?  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Are you as sick of the smugglers as I am?

• Yes! it's the reason cruise & drink prices have gone up so much
    • No! as I pack another rum runner thank you very much.
    • Indifferent eh, I'm sure there's things that I do that they don't like too
    • I'm not sure why I clicked on this thread...

Actually it is a little mor ein depth and may be a hint of things to come...

Alcoholic beverages are prohibited except as provided for in clause 8(f). All Guests agree Carnival has, at all times with or without notice, the right to search Guest’s baggage and/or personal effects for any of the prohibited items, at any location, to ensure compliance with these restrictions. Any Guest who refuses any such search or screening, [B]or any Guest traveling with such items, may be denied boarding or disembarked and no refund of the cruise fare will be issued. [/B]The Guest will be solely responsible for any and all damage and/or loss caused by his violation of this policy.

So the contract states they can and will boot you off the ship "anywhere". Is it worth that risk?

[url]http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_84[/url]

Article 4 Section f

[quote name='steveaaaaa']I understand what you are saying and for the sake of discussion I have brought in an analogy that is far fetched in theory but in principle parrallels the concept,but in the case of this thread,people have gone so far off track that they have lost sight of the real issue and it all goes back to the contract.People say you agreed to a contract and that would be to not smuggle booze.That is not the case here.NO one has agreed to not smuggle.
The contract that everyone agreed to is simple!!!!!
[B][SIZE=3][U]If you bring booze and they find it,they will confiscate it.[/U][/SIZE][/B]

That is what I agreed to,is that what yourself and eveyone else has agreed to?

Steve[/quote]

Take whatever side you want and that's ok. But how do you get from "Prohibited" the actual word in the contract to your it's ok unless "they find it". Just think thats kind of stretch in logic. Notice I'm not attaching a lot of definitions for "Prohibited" as most know what it means. Keep doing whatever you decide is right for you but this attempt at justification for doing it is really weak.

[quote name='Aknot']
So the contract states they can and will boot you off the ship "anywhere". Is it worth that risk?

[/quote]

Depends. Will they pick a nice island and leave me with a jug of water, some food, a flint to make a fire and a pistol with one shot?

[quote name='LemurCat']Depends. Will they pick a nice island and leave me with a jug of water, some food, a flint to make a fire and a pistol with one shot?[/quote]

Only if the code permits, however remember its more of a guideline.

[quote name='steveaaaaa']I understand what you are saying and for the sake of discussion I have brought in an analogy that is far fetched in theory but in principle parrallels the concept,but in the case of this thread,people have gone so far off track that they have lost sight of the real issue and it all goes back to the contract.People say you agreed to a contract and that would be to not smuggle booze.That is not the case here.NO one has agreed to not smuggle.
The contract that everyone agreed to is simple!!!!!
[B][SIZE=3][U]If you bring booze and they find it,they will confiscate it.[/U][/SIZE][/B]

That is what I agreed to,is that what yourself and eveyone else has agreed to?

Steve[/quote]

Your playing with words. This is the contract I agreed to:

(f) Except as noted below, [COLOR=red]Guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on Carnival’s vessels for on board consumption[/COLOR]. [COLOR=red]However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only in their carry on luggage.[/COLOR] A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room, or a $14 corkage fee per bottle if consumed in the steakhouse. All alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne and excessive non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel’s gift shops or at a port of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. Carnival reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any passenger. Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival’s vessels is twenty-one (21). Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest’s charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

The contract specifically states bringing alcohol on board is [U]prohibited[/U]. That is what I agreed to. The penalty Carnival can enforce for not following this contract rule is confiscation. Just as the penalty for speeding is a ticket and breaking curfew is being grounded. There are rules and there are penalties for breaking those rules. Just because you are ok with paying the penalty doesn't mean breaking the rule ok to do. You are still not honoring your contract. At least your not in my opinion.

[quote name='Warm Breezes']
The contract specifically states bringing alcohol on board is [U]prohibited[/U]. That is what I agreed to. The penalty Carnival can enforce for not following this contract rule is confiscation.[/quote]

Or disembarkation. As per the last line of the policy, "Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation." That means they can boot you off the ship for breaking any part of the policy regarding alcohol. Not just serving minors, not just acting like a toolbox while drunk, but also smuggling booze. Consider it their "nuclear option".

[quote name='Aknot']Yet this mentality will not help anything. Why not "not" cruise with them? To sit there and say Billy hit me so I hit him back is very.... childish?

(only way I could think of explaining it....)

There is an online game I play and people complain and gripe about it. they should do this I dont believe they did that..

It is their game they do with it as they please. If I find myself not liking the game or getting to the point where I may "cheat" to play it I would quit and stop paying them.

So if you are so dissatisfied with the way they handle things why continue to pay them which shows them you are happy with them when you are not? Instead of doing something "just as wrong" because they do it too?

My mother use to say do as I say not as I do. Its their ship. You should do as they say. If you dont like it you should (imo is the only way they will see their wrongs) go to another cruise line.

Now dont get all huffy on me. Im not calling you childish or telling you to leave. I again just cant comprehend the mindset of the I dont like this im still going to go but I will get them by doing this....[/quote]

Sadly, there are a lot of people who just get off on whining and criticizing. It makes them feel important and "special". :D

[quote name='dan40']You may also call room service and order a bar set up in your room. Liquor, mixes, snacks. NOT cheap, but that's seemingly OK with you, but convenient!![/quote]

I can do all of that myself without calling a soul. My way is MORE convenient than your way, IMO.

[quote name='LemurCat']You really liked that shirt, didn't you?[/quote]

Rumor is that he got the shirt at Kohl's for 50% off and is all bent out of shape because Carnival won't pay him the 100% pre-sale price. :eek: I think his argument is "but it WOULDA cost that much if I hadn't been brilliant enough to buy it at half price, so you OWE me the difference as a reward for being a brilliant shopper". :eek:

[quote name='steveaaaaa']LOL.

Not really. [COLOR=Red]I only gave the short version of the hell I went through.[/COLOR]How would you like to be told to your face that this cannot happen and them almost calling you an outright liar? They stated the procedure they wash clothes and how it cannot happen.
Somehow I ended up with a very small tie-dye shirt with a little tag attached.In my arguement with the floor supervisor I wanted to know how I got this shirt with the TAG still attached.He could not answer as the tag is a laundry system tag so the clothes don't get lost or misplaced.:rolleyes:

Guess what?The tag was ID'ed and that shirt was given to the correct owner,but they did not have mine.

Steve[/quote]

OMG! How did you survive such a living Hell???? You are such a trooper! :eek:

[quote name='Warm Breezes']Your playing with words. This is the contract I agreed to:

(f) Except as noted below, [COLOR=red]Guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on Carnival’s vessels for on board consumption[/COLOR]. [COLOR=red]However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only in their carry on luggage.[/COLOR] A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room, or a $14 corkage fee per bottle if consumed in the steakhouse. All alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne and excessive non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel’s gift shops or at a port of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. Carnival reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any passenger. Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival’s vessels is twenty-one (21). Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest’s charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

The contract specifically states bringing alcohol on board is [U]prohibited[/U]. That is what I agreed to. The penalty Carnival can enforce for not following this contract rule is confiscation. Just as the penalty for speeding is a ticket and breaking curfew is being grounded. There are rules and there are penalties for breaking those rules. Just because you are ok with paying the penalty doesn't mean breaking the rule ok to do. You are still not honoring your contract. At least your not in my opinion.[/quote]

Our little buddy Stevie like to rewrite things and change words until they fit his agenda. He's such a little scamp! :D

[quote name='lawskool10']I can do all of that myself without calling a soul. My way is MORE convenient than your way, IMO.[/quote]

Integrity, you either have it or you don't. Its not a part-time thing.

[quote name='lawskool10']I can do all of that myself without calling a soul. [COLOR=red]My way is MORE convenient than your way[/COLOR], IMO.[/quote]

I think you mixed up the words. It's not more convenient it's MORE cheap. Convenient is letting someone else take care of everything for you even if it is more expensive. Cheap is doing it yourself to save yourself some cash (even if it is against the contract you agreed to when you purchased your ticket.) Call it what it is. To me calling Bon Voyage is much MORE convenient than trying smuggle alcohol on-board and its not breaking the contract I agreed to, IMO.

[quote name='Warm Breezes']I think you mixed up the words. It's not more convenient it's MORE cheap. Convenient is letting someone else take care of everything for you even if it is more expensive. Cheap is doing it yourself to save yourself some cash (even if it is against the contract you agreed to when you purchased your ticket.) Call it what it is. [B]To me calling Bon Voyage is much MORE convenient than trying smuggle alcohol on-board and its not breaking the contract I agreed to, IMO.[/B][/quote]

Nope. Convenient is what I meant. Maybe convenience for YOU is letting someone take care of everything. It's not for me.

[quote name='Aknot']I would tend to disagree. Maybe in your mind but not in the views of others. You either got it or you dont.

[B]However based on most of your responses Im almost sure you dont really care what others think of you[/B].[/quote]

That's ok. I'm not asking for you to agree with me. How boring would this world be if we all agreed on everything....

I care on important issues. I don't find this issue that important.

[quote name='lawskool10']Nope. Convenient is what I meant. Maybe convenience for YOU is letting someone take care of everything. It's not for me.[/quote]

Please explain how making a 2 minute phone call to have it all set up in your room when you arrive is less convenient than going to the store, purchase the alcohol, figure out how to hide the alcohol in your luggage, and then worry about the alcohol being found or breaking and leaking all over your and other peoples belongings? I'm done in 2 minutes and don't worry about anything. That's convenience. Smuggling is not convenience, it's cheapness.

I'm sure it can be part-time.

That is a school of thought, and it is wrong! Part time integrity is like being dead only part time. Or barely pregnant.

Some thing ARE or are NOT. Integrity is one of those things. But those that have it, know that.

That's ok. I'm not asking for you to agree with me. How boring would this world be if we all agreed on everything....

I care on important issues. I don't find this issue that important.

Agreeing with you and YOU caring about what people think of you are 2 different things.

You like I will have a super day.

That is a school of thought, and it is wrong! Part time integrity is like being dead only part time. Or barely pregnant.

Some thing ARE or are NOT. Integrity is one of those things. But those that have it, know that.

I disagree. Just because you don't agree with my stance on smuggling and what ever else, doesn't mean it's wrong. It's my opinion and you don't have to agree anymore that I have to agree with your opinion.

I'm sure it can be part-time.

Main Entry: in·teg·ri·ty

Pronunciation: \in-ˈte-grə-tē\

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English integrite, from Middle French & Latin; Middle French integrité, from Latin integritat-, integritas, from integr-, integer entire

Date: 14th century

1 : firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : incorruptibility

2 : an unimpaired condition : soundness

3 : the quality or state of being complete or undivided : completeness synonyms see honesty

Firm Adherence is not part-time. Integrity is not a part-time value.

Archived