Hilton Marina FLL

chloes nana

Hi all! I have a question for seasoned FLL cruisers. I am looking at booking the Hilton Marina Hotel water view room for 2 night pre cruise in Feb 2011. I need feedback on the hotel please! It is rather pricey so I want to be sure it is as nice as the price. I want that water view and the ability to see the ships and be close to the water taxi's. thanks in advance for all feedback and opinions. I really appreciate it.

There is a water taxi stop right there. If there is a ship in pier terminal 1-3 you will be able to see it, but the other ships in port will be in the distance. You would need a south facing room on a top floor for a view.

We stayed in April 2010, tower view room facing port on 11th floor. Got a great deal booking in October. 205.00/night. Have been checking for next April and sure am waiting for prices to go down. Hotel grounds are beautiful, pool is great and Tower View room was really nice. Balcony was very much used. We were up early, about 5am to watch all the ships arrive. Sooo exciting. Took Water Taxi to Las Olas and walked around and then back. Quite pleasant. We plan on staying again. Only drawback was restaurants. Hotel limited and very expensive. Other eateries farther down on 17th but at least a good 3 blocks and more. No car, so we walked off our meal. Great seafood restaurant closest is next to the Renaisance about 3 blks. Dinner or lunch.

The hotel may be waterfront on the marina, that's what we got, no ocean view. and we had to walk really far to our "upgraded" HHilton HONORS room. Personally, I prefer a hotel closer to restaurants and Publix. I wouldn't pay a premium to stay there. $200 is my limit for a precruise room in FLL and sometimes I get lucky with Priceline and pay less.

We got a great rate that included breakfast..... hubby found this today.

We loved our stay here. :)

Expedia Special Rate

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

Fort Lauderdale, FL | Area: Fort Lauderdale Map

This elegant, Florida hotel, completely renovated March 2008, rises from the banks of the... Read more

Star Rating:

Guest Rating:

180+ reviews

saletag_yellow.gif

24 Hour Sale: Save 30%

C$147 C$103

We got a great rate that included breakfast..... hubby found this today.

We loved our stay here. :)

Expedia Special Rate

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

Fort Lauderdale, FL | Area: Fort Lauderdale Map

This elegant, Florida hotel, completely renovated March 2008, rises from the banks of the... Read more

Star Rating:

Guest Rating:

180+ reviews

saletag_yellow.gif

24 Hour Sale: Save 30%

C$147 C$103

that is a great rate

This is the same rate I have been getting on Hilton site. Tower room water view is the room that overlooks port. Other side overlooks pool and intercoastal waterway. Lower rates don't see port at all and for us, that defeats the purpose. Although we loved the hotel grounds, our main reason was the view. We can wait awhile, though anxious, to see the price go down. For 2010 April, we booked a prepaid room in Oct. 2009 for 205. and got the lovely view. We can wait. Don't know about room service, but found the staff friendly and helpful.

This is the same rate I have been getting on Hilton site. Tower room water view is the room that overlooks port. Other side overlooks pool and intercoastal waterway. Lower rates don't see port at all and for us, that defeats the purpose. Although we loved the hotel grounds, our main reason was the view. We can wait awhile, though anxious, to see the price go down. For 2010 April, we booked a prepaid room in Oct. 2009 for 205. and got the lovely view. We can wait. Don't know about room service, but found the staff friendly and helpful.

thanks, they do have room service correct??

Archived