Need help to do a surprise on board!!!

Kitchenditcher

DH and I will be sailing on the NCL Sun on February 19, 2005, for our 25 year anniversary. When DH asked me to marry him, he concocted a huge production and had a cop arrest me, frisk me, fingerprint me, put me into a solitary confinement cell and then DH came in and told me that bail was $30 or one "YES" answer and handed me my engagement ring. Fast forward....it's now our 25th anniversary and I want to do something to him on our cruise. I've waited 25 years to get back at him!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe something like getting with the CD and having them pretend that his passport isn't valid. (He would FREAK out! lol). Anyways, does anyone have any other ideas and who should I contact to work with for my surprise??? Am looking forward to some creative ideas!

What a wonderful idea. I don't know how you could arrange something in advance (for original boarding) But maybe you could find someone who could arrange for him "Not" to be allowed to board the ship during a port call somewhere?

Good luck, keep us informed---Oh & Happy Anniversary.

-Monte

If you don't come up with something in advance, I'd suggest contacting the Cruise Director as soon as you could do so once on board. Judging by the ones we've had, they are pretty creative, and have probably been in on lots of such practical jokes over the years. He might be able to come up with a plan that would relate to your husband's original one, and/or carry it out in one of the shows they are hosting. They've got security staff on board, and though they take their jobs seriously, maybe they could be put into action through the CD.

Some other themes to work with:

- Quaranteened to your room for fear of Noro Virus.

- He must leave the ship at the next port to return to work.

- Inform him the $30 original bond was never paid, and is 25 years overdue, and many $$$$ in interest are owed.

- You could come up with something arranged with one of the specialty restaurants on an evening you choose to officially celebrate your 25th. Maybe that's where your card turns out to be no good. You could be informed that no more charges can be applied to your card for the remainder of the cruise.

- Your cabin could have a problem and you will be moved to the crew's quarters; you with the women, he with the men, or maybe both into a cabin of men, each with a separate bunk. Maybe the cabin and your clothes were exposed to a serious virus, and you will be provided some crew clothing until you can purchase some replacements.

Congratulations and good luck!

We will be celebrating our 40th on the Majesty this summer, with a family group of 8 cabins. Though joking around is common in our family, no such plans on our cruise. Since your husband's joke was pretty cruel, and deserving of revenge after 25 years of "anger", I think it's time!

Keep in mind the ship has a brig (jail). I am thinking credit card fraud. Held for the FBI. Released to a diner in the Bistro. He will need to pay the interest on that $30

Some how as soon as the jail comes into the scam he will understand what is up.

I loved the idea of putting something into one of the shows. Also, I didn't know that ships had jails....am gonna think about that one!! DH has been giving me a bad time about not getting a passport and just using my birth certificate. I think I would love it if he got some hassle about his passport not being valid in one of the ports.

I love our engagement story...wasn't cruel at all. I was impressed that he put so much time and effort and making it creative and memorable. He has continued to do so for the rest of our marriage. However, some good natured revenge is certainly in order and long overdue!

Happy sailing!

Your hubby sure has a sense of humor. Good thing you love him! :D But I think that after 25 years you can certainly repay him for his efforts. ;)

You're doing the right thing by soliciting for some ideas. Then, what I would do after I board is contact Ray Williams, the concierge, and discuss it with him or to find out who can help you out if you want to do something grandiose.

Another idea would be for you make arrangements for an anniversary package to be delivered to your room one day while you're in port. Of course you don't tell hubby you're doing this. When you're almost ready to get back to the ship, tell him you have some last minute shopping to do. Make sure he's distracted and doesn't see you, then ditch him and head back to the ship and into your cabin where you and the anniversary package will be waiting for him. But you want to make sure that he doesn't go into a complete panic when you suddenly disappear, so you're going to have to let others know you're planning this. You only want to scare him a little, not have him send a search party out after you. ;)

Another trick would go along the same theme -- order the anniversary package, ditch him & sneak back up to the room. But...make sure that his key card gets inactivated so when he tries to get back up there the first time to look for you, he can't get into the room, and has to traipse ALL the way back to the lobby to get a new one made. Of course you can have him do this about 2-3 times until the card he gets "works" right. This one can be done while you're on the ship but you will need cooperation from the ship's staff.

Have a great time! And do let us know what happens!

Great idea about having DH's card inactivated! He is a salesman and travels ALOT and that always irritates the heck out of him when that happens. lol I think that I am going to do something with more people around, like with his passport or during a show AND the anniversary package idea. I will definitely contact the concierge or CD for some help! I can't wait!

This is funny! My wife and I will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary on the Star in the Fall! I already have the Anniversary Ring and was just about ready to ask some of you Romantics about where and how I could present it to her in a way she'll never forget!?! (I'm ashamed to say that there was absolutley NO romance in the way I originally proposed!) BUT NOW . . . . . I'm kinda liking this "Jail" thing!!:)

Archived