Carnival Freedom Steak House

We leave 1 week from today for our first cruise. We have reservations for the Steak House (celebrating our 30th anniversary). Does anyone know if jackets are required for Men, or can they simply wear a nice shirt and pants? The jacket requirement isn't a deal breaker, but I think my husband would really like to leave the suit coat at home!

thanks.

We leave 1 week from today for our first cruise. We have reservations for the Steak House (celebrating our 30th anniversary). Does anyone know if jackets are required for Men, or can they simply wear a nice shirt and pants? The jacket requirement isn't a deal breaker, but I think my husband would really like to leave the suit coat at home!

thanks.

bring a jacket shirt and tie...suit not required...but you at least have the shirt jacket and tie....when we went some actually had tuxes on but that is not required. DH wore dark jacket and slacks...not a suit with white shirt and tie. I wore black dressy silky slacks and silky like top.

We haven't been on the Freedom, but we did eat at Scarlett's on the Valor. I don't think jackets are required, but you will see others dressed in suits or sport coats. I'm pretty sure my DH didn't wear a jacket. He wore a button down shirt, slacks, and (I think) a tie.

I'm so envious!! We're hoping to be on the Freedom in January.

Have a great time.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLSteakhouseRequest.htm?icid=CC_Hyperlink_7

They request that jackets be worn on 'Cruise Elegant' nights. If you choose to dine on a 'Cruise Casual' night, jackets are not requested.

Here's the definition of both:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Room_Dress_Requirements.aspx

We had dinner in the Legend steakhouse on the 2nd elegant night last week. Most men in the steakhouse that night wore jackets, but a few did not.

Other nights when I peeked in, I recall a number of the gentlemen wearing nice casual wear.

I am not a huge fan of dressing up when I am paying for a meal......When we went on the Freedom, I wore slacks, a long sleeve shirt and a tie.....Thats what some other people were wearing, but there were also people wearing jacket and some wearing tuxes......I guess its personal preference.

On the Freedom about a month back, we did the steak house and I was very surprised to see some guys in khakis and golf polo's, whatever you are comy in goes. It is a very nice dining experience and I was happy o be in my suit and wife in her nice dress, I think it adds to the dining experience. It's your vacation don't worry bout others

We dined in the steakhouse twice on our most recent Splendor cruise -- and while there were a FEW men dressed rather casually, the vast majority were in jackets and nice shirts or jackets and ties -- and this was NOT on the cruise elegant nights.

thanks.

Jackets are NOT required on elegant night. Collared shirt only. If they want to wear a tie or jacket, or tuxedo they can. Just got off cruise last week. Majority were not wearing jackets.

Other nights men can wear dress shorts

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Thanks to everyone for replying. I think my husband has decided to take the jacket along with the tie just in case. We are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! But now, I'm thinking I may have to change what I was planning on wearing. Decisions, Decisions!

spfldtraveler

Archived