Any Recent Valor Cruisers?

gquest

Went last week, it was wonderfull!! The ship is beautiful, the ports were great, food was tasty, mattresses were firm, staff friendly. The only thing I didn't care for was the chocolate buffet, too many things that seemed the same (it was Sat @ noon).

I will definately be going back on this ship, same route!!

Lisa

Lisa, could you please tell us how they worked the clocks on the Valor? Did they change the clocks to Belize and Roatan time or did they keep the Eastern Standard Time every day. Trying to book some tours on our own and just wondered. Exspecially since we are to be in Roatan at 7:00 a.m.?

Hi Rebecca...

Remember me? We were on the Zuiderdam together last summer but we never got to actually meet up with you. We were very close on Half Moon Bay though :) We shared the green cabana with Debi and Mark. It was heavenly!!!!!

Which Valor cruise are you going to be on? I'm trying to convince Debi (Dst) and Mark to join Joe and me on this cruise. Have you heard anything (good or bad) about this ship? Let us know.

Hope to chat soon.

Ruth :)

Sure do remember you and Debbie too. Yes, we are going on the Valor. Really like the Western Caribbean Itinerary. I went to Belize and Roatan April 2004 and loved these ports. We were thinking of the Zuiderdam again but decided to do the Valor. Most of the reviews I have read have been very good. It is a very big ship but should be fun. Plus it is brand new. Haven't been on a Carnival ship in about 4 years so willing to give it a try again. We are going on the June 12 sailing. Cruise Critic had a group going and we got a very good rate plus a $150 per cabin shipboard credit. Best price I could find. Seems like this is a popular cruise. Come and join us!! Talk Debbie into it also. It would be a lot of fun. Very nice group posting already. Good to "chat" with you again.

Rebecca

They changed the clocks only in Belize, so at the other ports you had to remember that port time was an hour earlier than ship time (think of it as ship is Eastern, ports were Central). I had a watch I always wore during the day and changed only that one, left the night time watches alone. Also, there is a clock in between decks in the forward stairway (there might be same aft) and you can always check time against that.

I didn't go to Scarlett's and didn't hear about anyone who did, sorry.

I did ship excursions for Belize & Cozumel due to time restraints, did independent in Cayman and taxi in Roatan. Nothing opens in Roatan until 8 - 9 their time, but it's a great time to get pictures.

Tendering was really easy for ship excursions, and just a we bit harder for getting your own - you need to be in line early if you want to get on one of the first few tenders.

Formal nights were Monday & Thursday, Captain's Cocktail Party was Monday (free drinks!), Past Guest Party was Wednesday I think (the little shrimps were yummy and the drinks were flowing)

Chair savers were insane, fortunately or unfortunately Monday was cool, so anyone who wanted to sit out side could, but on Saturday - ugh!! Some people left theirs waiting for close to 4 hours, just insane!

Also, just a note, if anyone is up around dawn on Monday, you can see Cuba in the distance from the port side.

Anything else??

Lisa

Archived