Juneau - rafting tour?

scdreamer

Has anyone taken the 3.5 hour rafting / glacier viewing tour with AlaskaTours in Juneau?

It's $125 per person, booking independently online ... seems like a reasonable deal if the tour is any good.

Anyone who has been to Juneau and has other ideas for what to do there - please comment!

Someone asked this about a week ago but here's my input.

Me and hubby took it about 15 years ago through Princess. They gave us rubber boots and a life vest, we loaded to the left side of Mendenhall Glacier with seven others including a guide. We only saw the glacier during loading time, then you drift away along the river.

There were gentle rapids at one point but nothing too rough or long. The ride is pleasant enough, we saw the back of some homes along the bank, lot of greenery. We stopped on a small bank for some salmon and yummy alcoholic beverage.

It was a pleasant float trip for us at the time. It was most memorable because I got drenched with a wave created by us rocking to get unstuck on a rock in the rapids area. Brrrr...that was COLD! But it was memorable for the both of us and we still laugh about it. :D

Archived