Excursions in Progreso???

Kirby02

My husband and I are going to be there in June for our 1 year anniversary and I dont have the slightest thing to do. We have our day in Cozumel planned but cant seem to find anything to do here. I have heard to just do your shopping and stuff since the water isn't as pretty. Are there any beaches you can reserve a spot in with alcohol and food. I have found two beach parties thru Carnival but I am not 21 and it says you have to be 21 to drink booking through them.

Any feedback would help.....Thanks!

You've made a good start in finding this board. Lots of useful information from those that have already been.

Research is the key.

Keep reading and also checkout http://www.yucatantoday.com A really excellent visitor's guide. Several major Mayan ruins sights and moderate ones. Dating back to the 600s AD. A beautiful old Spanish colonial city, Merida with bldgs dating back to 1549. It's the state capitol, home to four universities and home to about a million friendly and warm folks.

Merida is very easy and cheap to do on your own. The ruins you will save bundles of cash by using Autoprogreso rather than Carnival. There's also a real nice all-inclusive that you can book at the pier for about $45. Carnival's Corona Beach Break is a real rip-off. Beer anywhere along the beach is $2.00.

Remember: Research

• 2 weeks later...

Archived