Harbour Hopper and Freedom Tours

HI,

I booked the Harbour Hopper for July1st Canada day. I booked it more for my children..now I am regretting it and wished that I had gone to Peggy's Cove. Is this really cheesy??? Does anyone know if it is informative about Halifax. We are then going to see the Titanic artifacts.

I am hoping that since it is Canada Day that the port will have alot going on

I will be at the Bay of Fundy the day before and thought this ( the Harbour Hopper) would be fun after a day of scenery. Has anyone taken the bay of Fundy tours that goes to St.Martin's. I was thinking of booking this with Freedom Tours. My children are 9 and 7.

I want to see the sights,but want them to have fun too!!

Thanks for any info!!!

Thanks for your input

There will probably be a lot going on in Halifax on Canada day - mostly lots of people out and about including on the waterfront.

I have been on the Harbour Hopper and it is cheesy but fun. The cheesy part comes from some of the fun commentary from the guide. It is a Vietnam era amphibious landing craft all decked out as a tourist vehicle. You start on land and then go into the water and later back out again. It serves to give a brief tour of the city.

Your kids would enjoy that. They would also probably enjoy going to Citadel Hill (fortifications, including a dry moat) and walking along the waterfront.

On the other hand Peggys Cove is very scenic and special. Kids love climbing around the rocks. It will probably be crowded there too.

We hope you will see enough to want to come back this way again.

HI,

I booked the Harbour Hopper for July1st Canada day. I booked it more for my children..now I am regretting it and wished that I had gone to Peggy's Cove. Is this really cheesy??? Does anyone know if it is informative about Halifax. We are then going to see the Titanic artifacts.

I am hoping that since it is Canada Day that the port will have alot going on

I will be at the Bay of Fundy the day before and thought this ( the Harbour Hopper) would be fun after a day of scenery. Has anyone taken the bay of Fundy tours that goes to St.Martin's. I was thinking of booking this with Freedom Tours. My children are 9 and 7.

I want to see the sights,but want them to have fun too!!

Thanks for any info!!!

Thanks for your input

The kids may enjoy the sea caves at St. Martin's - low tide that day is at 9:32 in the morning and Freedom coordinates their tours to be there at low tide when the water is out.

For Halifax, your kids may find Citadel Hill National Historic Site interesting;

http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/ns/halifax/visit.aspx

They would love the firing of the cannon at 12:00 noon:

Harbour Hopper would be more fun for kids IMO then Peggy's Cove. On Canada day there is the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo parade at 10:30AM. Sample:

We are using Freedom Tours this summer (based on cc recommendations), and booked the St. Martins tour. We were in St. John once before (when my son was 13) and he loved the "Riding the Rapids" tour. It is a wild ride on the water, and you do get wet.

Archived