Panama on the Ryndam, April 18, 2010

BarCart

From the on-time cast off in Tampa to the on-time arrival in Vancouver, this cruise was entirely delightful.

From frying in the damp heat in Grand Cayman and San Blas to dawning blankets on the deck chairs between San Diego to Victoria, the entire experience left us wanting more.

The Ryndam is an older ship but well appointed. The full load of passengers was well served by the full crew compliment and at no time did we feel crowded.

If I was to mention something that would improve the trip, perhaps it would be stronger coffee (yes, I know you can get espresso at the Explorer coffee bar) and the chef might have added a little more punch, spice wise, to some of the main courses. Other than those minor faults (my opinion only), the trip was just about perfect. While I could go on and nitpick, there are plenty of folks that like doing that kind of thing so I'll leave it to them to find fault with everything.

Swimming with the stingrays, ziplining, rock climbing and rapelling, oh, and going through the Panama Canal have provided us with plenty of memories to take us into our "old age" while just plain being on board and enjoying the ship's amenities continue to attract us to cruising.

Way to go HAL, the Ryndam and all of its staff. We'll be back for a South American experience, whatever the ship.

BarCart

Your trip sounds wonderful. I'm glad you told us about it.

Yes, I do imagine the changes in latitude and temperature gave you a nice variety.

Had you been through the Panama Canal before? It makes for an amazing day.

Here's to you and all who love the ships at sea:) I dare say your positive attitude is part of the reason you had a happy time.

Archived