RCC Transfer

I haven't cruised before and didn't know ahead of time that it would be cheaper that way. I have already paid for the transfers and am looking for more info regarding how often and when the busses run. I wish I could cancel and just take the taxi, it was just a newbie mistake.:(

It is definitely a lot more than a couple a day, as this is still a popular option. The first one doesn't run until around 10:30, and after that, they run as soon as they can get a bus filled, which will be very quickly in the late morning/early afternoon timeframe.

I sea where you are sailing 7/24. Call RCCL, cancel your bus transfer. You will be so much happier and board Oasis quicker, by just grabbing a cab.

Hope you enjoy Oasis as much as we did!

Rick and Deirdra

It depends on the time of day of your flight and how many are boarding around that time. We have taken the transfers before and been on the bus for 15 minutes one time to over an hour another time...they usually don't leave until the bus is full and it is a charter bus, not a van so it holds quite a few people. I would call RCCL and see if you cancel, it is easier to take a cab also as you aren't arriving with 50 other people checking in at the same time and waiting to get all the luggage unloaded off the bus.

If you can't cancel, now you know for next time!

IMHO, a cab is the way to go from the port to the airport in Ft. Lauderdale...period!

If you do not reserve a transfer from the port to the airport before you get there, you can do it aboard ship by Monday afternoon. We went to the Customer Relations Desk on the Oasis on Wednesday AM and were told we were too late to reserve a spot as RCL had to reserve the number of buses by late Tuesday in Ft. Lauderdale. They said RCL was running several buses at 7:30 AM and more at 8:30 AM. Only two time slots.

The officer working there then told us (in a very quiet voice) that a cab was a much better buy and we could just walk off the ship anytime, hop a cab and be at the airport in 15 minutes. We used the Luggage Valet service (fabulous - our third time using it) to take care of our bags and walked off the ship at 9:15 AM after a nice relaxed breakfast (our flight was at 12:20). We walked outside and 50ish feet to the left and there were 30+ cabs lined up waiting. We took one and were at the airport in less than 15 minutes at a cost of $14.00 for the two of us (not including tip). The RCL bus was going to cost us about $20.00 per person (if I remember correctly) so we came out smelling like a rose!

Oh, then the thunderstorms hit Atlanta and our flight was delayed until 4:15 PM... well you can't win 'em all.

------------------------------

Sea ya!

Hobiecat01

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises – 66 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/2008

RCCL Oasis of the Seas –7 Days Eastern Carib. with our Friends – 4/17 – 4/24/2010

Booked & Paid Cruises

Not yet… but on the way

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

The Med – 14 day – 2013?

DH and I had purchased the transfer, too, but through a travel agent.

After reading on here that the trip is about 10 minutes and cab fare less than the transfer would have been for just one of us, we called the travel agent and asked if we could cancel.

She told us we could cancel it up to three days before sailing. We sailed 5/8 and had no problem finding a cab either to or from the port.

Worth a try.

Rachel

it is easier to take a cab also as you aren't arriving with 50 other people checking in at the same time and waiting to get all the luggage unloaded off the bus.

You don't wait for the luggage to unload, you get off the bus and walk straight to check in, they handle the luggage.

Archived