Summit to Bermuda: Which Side of Ship is Better?

Editor

Or does it not matter? I'm in an even numbered stateroom. When docked, will I be facing the dock or the sea?

I have read that Summit docks port side facing the dockyards (odd numbered staterooms). Since you are in an even numbered stateroom, you are on the Starboard side and will be facing the harbor.

There are some pros to starboard side -- sit out on balcony and watch small boats sailing by and seeing the Hamilton evening lights.

There are some pros to starboard side -- sit out on balcony and watch small boats sailing by and seeing the Hamilton evening lights.

Unfortunately, Summit does not dock in Hamilton due to her size, & as I recall, you can see Hamilton from the Dockyard.

Even numbered cabins are starboard.

Either side is great, you're in Bermuda!

Have a great cruise, Editor!

Or does it not matter? I'm in an even numbered stateroom. When docked, will I be facing the dock or the sea?

Editor,

I think Wine-O is correct. We were just in King's Wharf (albeit on an RCI ship). Prior to docking, the ship was swung around (the bow pointed back out to sea) thus putting the port side facing the dock. Being starboard, you will be facing to the harbor. (As RCI is the parent of Celebrity, my thought is they would use the same dock).

As to your "or does it matter" question. I have the feeling it doesn't . . at least to the point of people mentioning it in written reviews. I looked through 2 or 3 on this board and probably a dozen in the review section and nary a mention was made of the matter. :D

Either way . . . . enjoy!

We were in an even number room and were facing the water when we were docked. But I am sure it just depends on when the ship gets there and which way the captain decides to park.

We were in an even number room and were facing the water when we were docked. But I am sure it just depends on when the ship gets there and which way the captain decides to park.

There's another one, port side to. Certainly makes it easier to leave port with the "pointy end" facing out to sea. :)

Archived