Spirit to Alaska Review With Pics

Dave! Now that im in cruising mode (we leave in less that40 days to alaska) i finally sat down and read this. I <3 your reviews and pictures. Thank you so much for being detailed and all the information. were going on NCL but i think we have the same itinerary.

Was the big waterfall that sprayed Wade a Carnival excursion or did you just hop the bus and go on your own? Cause i would love to go there, it looked beautiful.

p.s. im really sad your gonna miss the Family's cruise next year

Dave! Now that im in cruising mode (we leave in less that40 days to alaska) i finally sat down and read this. I <3 your reviews and pictures. Thank you so much for being detailed and all the information. were going on NCL but i think we have the same itinerary.

Was the big waterfall that sprayed Wade a Carnival excursion or did you just hop the bus and go on your own? Cause i would love to go there, it looked beautiful.

p.s. im really sad your gonna miss the Family's cruise next year

Hey Jess.... I thought of you last night. I was wondering when you were leaving. You are going to have a great time. The "Suite Life" on NCL is awesome. Eat a bunch of Cagney Fries for me! The lunch there is awesome. Sigh. I will cruise them again in a suite.....

That was Mendanhall Glacier. It is very easy to get to on your own. As you walk from the dock area towords the city you will pass a bunch of stands set up selling tours, etc. Just look for the buses that go there and buy a ticket. Once there, you are free to walk around the grounds. There are a few trails that lead to the glacier. Just take the one that goes alonge the lake to the face of Mendanhall. They were still working on the trail when we were there, but it is easy to do. Don't worry if this sounds confusing. It is all very easy and there is no way you can miss it.

David,

GREAT review and AWSOME pics. I did the Princess cruise on the Dawn and did a lot of the same things you did, the train(I took lots of pics out on the platform)and have a few pics kinda like yours and just wanted to show you some of our same pics LOL

I am booking the Spirit May 8, 2012 Alaska cruise with some fellow cc members.

Really want to do the supper club as I know the ones on Pricess are wonderful!!Thanks for all the time you devoted to doing this review!!! and here is one of my pics:

http://P1010076_073.jpg

• 5 months later...
WOW!! Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was my bedtime "reading" material for the past 3 nights. My husband, son, and I are going on the May 1st, 2012 cruise. Once again - THANKS!!:)

Hubby and I are booked on the same cruise We live in Englewood Fl and are driving to Vancouver. Am I crazy? See you onboard.

Eleanor and Victor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, tiggerman! I just read your review for the 3rd time :o in anticipation of sailing the same in June-July this summer, so yes, people are definitely still enjoying and benefiting from your review! We would like to post the Vipond map in our cabin also, but are wondering if the route will be the same? It is a round trip Seattle on the Spirit with stops in Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan and Victoria. How do we find the exact route for a cruise? I did search on CC but found no answer to this question. Thanks for a GREAT review!

I've only read to post 10 and had to stop to say thanks for the great review. The pictures are great too. I love hearing what people do precruise. I can't remember the last Alaskan review.

Now I'll get back to it.

Edit: Just notices the date! Usually I don't like getting in old posts but I'm sure glad someone brought it back!

Hi, tiggerman! I just read your review for the 3rd time :o in anticipation of sailing the same in June-July this summer, so yes, people are definitely still enjoying and benefiting from your review! We would like to post the Vipond map in our cabin also, but are wondering if the route will be the same? It is a round trip Seattle on the Spirit with stops in Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan and Victoria. How do we find the exact route for a cruise? I did search on CC but found no answer to this question. Thanks for a GREAT review!

I think that it will most likely stay the same route. However, there are many variables that might make a captain deviate here and there. There are a lot of routes that could be taken.

I've only read to post 10 and had to stop to say thanks for the great review. The pictures are great too. I love hearing what people do precruise. I can't remember the last Alaskan review.

Now I'll get back to it.

Edit: Just notices the date! Usually I don't like getting in old posts but I'm sure glad someone brought it back!

Thanks for the comments. It is shocking to see this review brought up again. I am glad people are still getting some use out of it. Wade and I are headed for Alaska Round 2 in July. This time we will be on HAL's Westerdam doing a different route.

If I could give a standing ovation on the computer i would lol. :D

Thanks for an awesome review with fantastic pictures!

You have inspired me to pull the trigger! My dh has been wanting to go on an Alaskan cruise and I honestly was too afraid of old stuffy people. However, I'm gonna do it. You showed me that it's not a bunch of old people. (sorry but that's what I thought)

I'll book early...so I can get the cabin of my choice. :D I prefer balconies, and love the aft wraps but your suite looked pretty awesome.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your awesome review!!!!!!!!

Archived