Anyone doing the HCG diet?

Hi Losers Happy Saturday

OMG this diet is amazing.

I am down 10 and DH is still sleeping but yesterday he

was down 8. This is only our 5th day :p:D

I do have to say I had been stuffing my self for weeks.

Really out of control eating so I knew I would have BIG

loses at the beginning.. But I'll take it. I already feel

a ton lighter.

Liz good to see you back. How are you and DD

doing?? Keep us posted girl.

Big and Jifner, How you girlies doing?

Look like you both hanging tough. Keep

comimg back you both are an inspiration.

Army, You are going to LOVE this plan. Stick to

protocol. Great idea on being prepared that's the

only way to be successful. Good luck when do you

start?

Happy Saturday!

Liz, good to see you back! Best of luck to you and DD on this round. It's so much easier when you have someone to do this with!

Sheri, great results so far, congrats!

Army, you've already got the planning ahead part down, that's a huge help on this diet. Let us know as you have questions come up.

Big, how's maintaining going for you? I'm so glad to see you still posting here.

For me, today is the first "official" day of P4, but I haven't added anything yet, not in a big hurry to. I know I have to maintain until the end of October after my Vegas trip, so just focusing on staying where I am for now. We went to the farmer's market this morning and bought some fresh peas, they will be the first carby thing that I add, probably tomorrow. I truly believe that P3 and P4 are just as important to permanent weight loss as the VLCD is. You can't go back to eating the "before" HCG way, or you will go back to where you were before - at least I know that is true for me. I still need to lose 25-30 more pounds, but I'm very happy with losing 50 pounds so far! I'm not going back to the plus sizes, shopping is so much more fun now :)

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

I truly believe that P3 and P4 are just as important to permanent weight loss as the VLCD is. You can't go back to eating the "before" HCG way, or you will go back to where you were before -

Here ye. hear ye!:D Right on the button, Jennifer.

I am maintaining and eating pretty much whatever I want, BUT...I have cut carbs and sugars back tremendously. So I enjoy pasta salad, ice cream and even an occasional candy bar...but in smart portion sizes and not very often.

I haven't lost anymore weight on my own :mad:as I had hoped, but then also realized, I am at the weight that I was for many years. So I will finish the summer and see what happens. I still weigh daily and stay in my 3 pound limit...up and own daily but never over.

Come mid Sept. I may be doing round three. I really would like to get 15-20 pounds more off.

I know that when I don't do some additional exercise, I may not gain the weight, but I tend to get fluffy :eek:around the mid section. So on with the water aerobics and sit ups!

I think I may have met my match with impatience:D You know who you are:p

Good morning everyone, Happy Sunday!!!

Ok, first off, anything I have or know is yours. Please know that we don't want to have too many original ideas because we can get off protocol. So borrowing/stealing/whatever, it's all good!

Well, daughter and I have been pretty perfect so far. We couldn't weigh today as we were at the lakehouse, but we took all the required foods and today is day 4 of the vlcd. She has lost 3 1/2 lbs. and I've lost 4 1/2. Hopefully more, but with no weigh in until tomorrow, I won't know... She is starving alot of the time. I told her it get's better the second week because the first week you obsess over what you can and cannot eat and it is more normal to you by the second week. It is a blast doing it together, but the complaining is a little tiresome...<g>

Ok, so we are both so sick of chicken, we could just cluck. But, I'm making up another batch of grilled boneless/sknlss breasts tonight and I am thinking of using FlyLady's garlic lime marinade dry. Anyone else ever used it? Hang on, I"ll see if I can find it on her website...

Garlic Lime Chicken

Serves 6

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/4 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon thyme

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

2 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons olive oil

1/2 cup chicken broth

4 tablespoons lime juice

In a bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients. Sprinkle mixture on both sides of chicken breasts.

In a skillet heat butter and olive oil together over medium high heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Turn down the heat, remove the chicken (keeping warm) and add the lime juice and chicken broth to the pan, whisking up the browned bits off the bottom of the skillet. Keep cooking until sauce has reduced slightly. Add chicken back to the pan to thoroughly coat and serve.

Ok, Liz here. Obviously we can't do the butter or olive oil, but what I do is take the dry ingredients (usually quadruple them) and put them in a ziplock. I bring my boring little chix to room temp and sprinkle this mixture on. Let it sit for whatever time you have and grill them. I often will squeeze lime juice on at the end of grilling or once they are plated.

Let me know if your family goes nuts over this. Mine LOVE it and request it often.

Think I'll grill some veggies at the same time, do some caramelized onions in a skillet, and slice some strawberries with a little stevia and water about an hr. before serving, put in the fridge so flavors can ripen. This is completely hcg approved, except you can't have more than 3 things at once. That's why we save the strawberries. Every night it's either that, or a baked apple with stevia and cinnamon...yumm!

Hey, have any of you ever tried Penzeys Spices? They are the bomb! Their cinnamon tasted so incredible, you wanted to throw out the stuff in your pantry. My mom shared a bunch of them with me and so far I'm loving everything except the garlic. I still prefer fresh. One thing you'll find Army is that spices become super important when they are your main source of flavoring...

Ok, off to shop. Sure wish the farmer's market was here today...

Liz

Thanks for the recipe Liz, think I will try that this week.

You two are doing great...I was wondering about your daughter's experience, I would think she would be hungrier than the rest of us because her metabolism and activity rate is most likely higher. If it continues, she may have to modify the diet some. I know of some sites where you can check into that if need be.

So Jen, do you plan on another round? Maybe after your cruise? How did the procedure go or have you had it done yet? Your HCG experience has been excellent and you are such a great motivator with your huge success.

Bari...I have every thing I own crossed that your kit will arrive MONDAY. Hope you had a good week-end. I checked out your Mom's website, very nice and I am sure it is going to be a success.

OK..off to wander the web.

Hello Ladies !!

Having a great summer so far.... Trying to stay away from the BUNS at all BBQs and Potato chips and pot/macaroni salads. Sticking to my cucumber salad and naked dogs and burgers. Its going well..

I see everyone else is doing great too!!

Liz, I won't forget to measure next round...even after I stopped the drops I was still losing inches..not as many pounds but inches !! :)

Thinking of strating another round in the fall....the problem is I need to buy new clothes and if I lose more weight My fall wardrobe will be to big... I threw out all my wintrer clothes..yes threw them out !! Not going back there.

Eat well Losers !!

Happy Summer !!!

Janet:)

I once threw out all clothing that no longer fit me, hence the reason for lving in my pj's!

:DLOL....You will be getting a new wardrobe soon.

Did the drops come yet? See, now you are making me impatient:rolleyes:

Hey, hello BLOCK...long time no see...or is that hear (here):)

starting today, p1.

Enjoy....this is the easy part.

Any beginner tips girls?

Mine is write down everything, measure food as well as body, and push/work through the tough spots, cheats aren't worth it.

And oh....WATER is your friend!:D

Good Morning losers :p

Army Good luck. This is the easiest and best diet

ever. I had to force myself to eat breakfast yesterday

at 10 then force lunch at 1:30..:eek: Wasn't hungry. Stay strong

Like Liz said the other day PREPARE your food ahead of time

and plan. When I get hungry I say more water.

Block good to see ya girl. You are doing great :)

DH and I have both stayed the same for three mornings..:mad:

Not complaining that much though in a week he is down 12

and I 10.

Big I love your post, thanks ;)

Hey losers! I haven't been on CC in a while so I'm sorry for not stopping by. I've kinda fallen back into some bad eating habits the last couple of weeks so I'm trying hard to stop. Let's just say my body is hating me for it and so am I. I can't wait to do another round in Sept!! I just need to get through the craziness of summer which revolves around food. Seems like gals are still keeping up the good work - WAY TO GO!! :) Not sure when I'll be back again but didn't want you to think I forgot you all. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Mine is flying by!

Morning all! Nice to see Dawn and Janet stopping by for a quick hello <waving happily back at you two ladies>

Army, have fun loading today and tomorrow. My best tip is to take it easy on the sugars and starches. You need to eat a lot of healthy fats, include avocados, nuts, etc. If you go overboard on the carbs, you might end up with a killer headache the first couple of VLCD's. Good luck, and be prepared that the second day of loading is harder, your appetite will already be diminishing.

Sheri, nice losses so far. Don't worry about staying the same, your body is catching up! Stay on protocol, you're heading into that second week which is slower for lots of folks. You will be losing again in a day or two :)

Big, I was wondering if you were having success losing on your own, thanks for addressing that. I really think that as long as we maintain our losses we are doing fantastic! I am planning on another round after my cruise, but it won't be until late October, we have trip to Vegas on Oct 20th, and there's just no way I'm going to be on a diet in Vegas :) I still have around 30 pounds left to lose, and I'm hoping to do most of that on my 3rd round. Maybe we can do our round close to the same time for support.

I'm now in my first week of P4, and my weight has gone down a bit since I started adding a couple of things back in. If you are from the South, I ate purple hull peas Sunday, small gain. Yesterday I ate some cantelope, big loss this morning. So far so good for P4.

Hope you are all having a great day!!

Good Morning Losers,

Blue good to see ya girl.. I know how your feeling.:o

I let food get the best of me too.

DH say's he does NOT want to go through this again.

We will follow the plan through ph 4 this time. I realize

it is VERY important to go through ALL the phase's. Then

I will keep a close eye on the scale and not let myself go

over 3lbs. I will be VERY good to follow plan like Big..

HELP DH and I both have been the same weight for 4 mornings..:mad:

We are following plan to a tee. We both feel thinner but

scale not moving. Any suggestions?

Have a great day

You still have a few hours of me before I leave...you are prepared and that is a big part of the battle. Find things/activities to do, so when you are maybe bored and thinking you are hungry, you have a plan.

Just like watching hoarders has gotten me to clean out and downsize, watch those shows about severely overweight people...or as a stand by go after those latrines (private joke..sorry folks)

You can do this and I can't wait to come back to a great report from you!

Archived