Anyone doing the HCG diet?

This is so hard!!!!!! I have been used to eating what I want, when I want for so long, that I am fighting with myself now. I thought I would get home from work and have a glass of wine and when I walked int he door, I remembered that I CAN'T. So I had my fruit. ;)

I took some of my drops to work so I will never forget. They will always be with me. That is something I have had trouble with before. Mine are HCG1234 dot com. My sister and I made our order together so we got a great deal.

I am going to measure tomorrow so I can see the change. That is always gratifying. I will be ready very soon for another smaller size! My goal is 15 pounds this time. I am thinking three weeks should do it.

Well, keep losing ladies!

Thanks! I will keep that website in mind, as they are significantly cheaper than the previously mentioned site. I wonder if there's any difference between the products. How many drops a day do you use, and does it vary by person, like based on current weight or weight loss goals?

Pudy, I use ten drops three times a day. They say first thing in the morning, 30 minutes before lunch and 30 minutes before dinner, but I think that it just makes it easy to remember by putting it with the meals. As long as you get 30 drops spread throughout the day in your system, I figure you are good. It just keeps the blood level constant (if it is like other meds).

Here's hoping that today will be easier for me!

Cransplash, Welcome. To answer some of your questions, one bottle has lasted me through two rounds with the diet. That is more that 8 weeks all together. I have started another bottle because I am keeping my first one at work. It is still about 1/3 full.

I have kept all but one pound off (until I started my load on this round, that is!). You form really good eating habits on this diet. The fruits and veges have become my best friends!

Getting past the first few days was difficult for me. Once I did that, it got SO much easier. I was not hungry like I thought I would be. I have NO problems with energy at all. I take multi-vitamins and calcium each day, which may help.

So, are you thinking of going on it? If so, stick around and enjoy the support of those here.

Wow, that is terrific.

I am going to the ol' eating healthier and increase my workouts, but I have heard a lot about it so I wanted to ask a few questions. My biggest concern was that once you take the drops and achieve your goal weight, and thus stop taking the HCG drops, do you gain the weight right back?

Wow, that is terrific.

I am going to the ol' eating healthier and increase my workouts, but I have heard a lot about it so I wanted to ask a few questions. My biggest concern was that once you take the drops and achieve your goal weight, and thus stop taking the HCG drops, do you gain the weight right back?

Certainly...if you fall back into old eating patterns that got you there in the 1st place. The lower carb and sugars is the best way to keep the weight off and maintain. I over indulged on the cruise (mostly sugars) and then again right after the cruise for the holidays, more sugars and no control of carbs.

I have been trying to stick to a P3 type of eating and the weight is dropping, I am not doing drops but have adopted to go no/or very low carbs and keep the sugars to natural (fruits). Just a note that, when on P3...you do not take the drops/shots/pellets....it just a no sugar/no starch segment and is suppose to re-set your metabolism.

Best of luck and stay with us here IF you do decide to do this or use the site I recommended.:D

Hi Girls, I am here and back from my cruise :(

Since I've come back I have been SUPER busy. We closed on

our new house two days after we came home then Christmas 2

days after that. Then we had to put our current house on the market.

SSHHEEWWW its been crazy.

Looks like the FEW that are still checking in are doing good. Way

to hang in there Big and Medi. Glad we can count on you two.:p

I have been up 10lbs since my cruise. So I have started another

round. Started Ph 2 today. I want to get down 15lbs. Dh is

also doing another round. I will keep ya posted.

Welcome all new bees

Hi Girls, I am here and back from my cruise :(

Since I've come back I have been SUPER busy. We closed on

our new house two days after we came home then Christmas 2

days after that. Then we had to put our current house on the market.

SSHHEEWWW its been crazy.

Looks like the FEW that are still checking in are doing good. Way

to hang in there Big and Medi. Glad we can count on you two.:p

I have been up 10lbs since my cruise. So I have started another

round. Started Ph 2 today. I want to get down 15lbs. Dh is

also doing another round. I will keep ya posted.

Welcome all new bees

Welcome back and best wishes for that next round. I, too had a gain after the cruise and the holidays...but am eating pretty much P3 and the weight is slowly coming off. I will wait and see what happens by the end of Jan before doing another round. Have to be motivated to do the HCG, and make it stick and right now....I am NOT:)

Not doing my sit ups seemed to have made the biggest difference on the fluffiness though! But who wants to do sit ups in the Caribbean?:D

Hope you newbies are doing ok and keeping on task. Let us know what you are losing.

Got back from our cruise last night (without gaining any pounds:)), and opened my first package of HCG drops. After reading through the pamphlet, it seems that there aren't that many food choices for P2. Do you all follow those exact foods with no deviation, for example, chicken and oranges are on the list, but not turkey or clementines? Or have you found alternate foods not listed but still able to be eaten?

How about Keurig flavored coffees? I know I can't have any cream or sweetener (except for Stevia), so flavored ice coffee could be an option if Keurig is ok.

Thanks for all the help. Starting P1 tomorrow.

Got back from our cruise last night (without gaining any pounds:)), and opened my first package of HCG drops. After reading through the pamphlet, it seems that there aren't that many food choices for P2. Do you all follow those exact foods with no deviation, for example, chicken and oranges are on the list, but not turkey or clementines? Or have you found alternate foods not listed but still able to be eaten?

How about Keurig flavored coffees? I know I can't have any cream or sweetener (except for Stevia), so flavored ice coffee could be an option if Keurig is ok.

Thanks for all the help. Starting P1 tomorrow.

Well kudos to you for not gaining on a cruise! That in itself is awesome!:D

Yes, there are very few food choices and if you want this diet to work, work with what they tell you. Many people do make other choices for food and still have success but it is entirely up to you how you proceed. I followed the diet but did have some cheats in the third round:( and regretted that!

On the coffee as long as there is NO sugar I don't see a problem...also make sure that it is just flavoring and no dairy or "tose" (sugars) in it.

Best of luck to you!:)

Today and tomorrow are my binge days, and then I have 21 days to do P2, but then I have to go on a business trip for a week. Should I stop P2 at that point and try to do P3 for 21 days (I'm not sure how successful I can stick to 1500 calories while on the road eating from restaurants, esp if I am not supposed to have sugars or starches)? I really wanted to do P2 for the full 40 days, but I don't think I can realistically swing it while away from my kitchen. What would happen if I just do P1 and P2 over when I get back home? Or maybe I could transition back into P2 by starting with the apple/canteloupe/mini steak options..what do you think??? :confused:

Pudy

What about doing an planned interuption as explained in Dr. Simeons "Pounds and Inches"..? I remember reading about that if you had to be away

for travel..explains how. That way when you get back from your week out,

you can get back to Phase 2.

carla,

I went on line and found what you are referring to. I wonder how compatible Dr. Simeon's plan is with Dr. Finsand's. Thanks for your thoughts on my issue :D

I see where they did answer your question online...they seem to have a good support system. If you can do P3 while you are away (I know it cuts P2 a little short) that would be ideal and to be honest with you...I can only do 23 day low calorie rounds. You can always do more rounds. It is hard to manage a life and all it's trips, parties and what nots that happen. BUT I have found I really have to have a clear social/trip schedule for this to be successful...for me anyways.

Their idea that you can do P3 on trips, no sugar no starch is hard but IS doable. You just have to eat the protein, vegs and some fruits.

Keep us posted about your losses once you get started on the low calorie days:)

Joeys3girlz....I have NOT been successful in keeping with in the 2 pound mark on a cruise. But I do admit, I do drink (alcoholic sugary drinks) quite a bit more than I do at home and I think the sugar is what gets me. I did however just gain 7 pounds, three which came off right away (fluid retention I suppose)...but then the holidays came and Kaboom.....up 10 total from my last day weight. Working on that now with exercise and calorie monitoring, really watching the starches and sugars. I kick myself because I knew what I was eating and drinking was in excess and so not my normal diet. But look forward, not backwards and getting myself back on track.

Archived