I'm Not Loyal

funat55

Wow, a lot of good feedback from posters who share my point of view. I know that there are a lot of loyalists out there, but I get tired of the cruise line bashing that I read on other forums, especially when they say that one line is completely inferior to another. I just dont think the cruise line industry is like that any more. My observation is that it is a very competitive business and each line trys to add their own uniqueness.

BTW, you are going on the Oasis of the seas after I come back... Oh man!:( that means you'll be counting down the days, and I'll be trying to slow them down:D

We started with Carnival because it sailed from New Orleans. Had a great time and got hooked on cruising. Decided to try another line and went with NCL because again it was sailing from New Orleans, a 3 hour drive away. We really enjoy the MDR experience, did not get that with NCL "freestyle" and the food was not very good. So we will most likely not sail on NCL again. After our Triumph cruise we will be platinum, so we will do Carnival again.

So far we have only sailed from ports within driving distance. Carnival has always had the best price from these ports. I would like to try RCCL because I have read how beautiful their ships are but I have also read that the food isn't as good. So I think why pay more just because the ship is pretty? If we get a good price on another line we would probably give it a try but for now we are staying with Carnival.

I tried carnival in 1999 ...okay did not love it...since we have done different cruise lines and land vacations..I have enjoyed them all..The one problem with some of the larger cruise lines is the itineraries are limited..so we have tried some smaller ships and have loved them..Now we have 7 year old "suprise" twin boys and my husband is stationed in San Diego so we are sailing the Splendor late this summer..I have heard CCL has a great kids program and I am looking foward to sailing with Carnival again..

My husband has been deployed 6 times in the last 10 years and is leaving for #7 in Nov..so anytime we can be toghether as family it is vacation!

God Bless you and your family and thank your husband for his service to our country.:D Have a great time on the Splendor. We took our 10 yr old grandson with us on the Legend last year and he loved Camp Carnival.

You're not familiar with the Carnival Spirit, which does repo cruises to Hawaii, and spends about seven days there. You get the same stops as NCL, and if you choose to do a B2B, you get 13 days in the islands for a very reasonable price, not to mention all of those wonderful sea days.

We're doing the B2B this September, but the Spirit also cruises to Hawaii in April.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

But you spend more time in the islands on NCL. There is an overnight on Maui, which means I can see the sunrise on Haleakula, and an overnight on Kuaua. Can't get two consecutive weeks off, so CCL and RCCL don't fit our needs. Believe me, if they did I would be on Carnival in a heartbeat. We enjoy sea days, but four consecutive sea days might be a little to much to start or finish a cruise.

God Bless you and your family and thank your husband for his service to our country.:D Have a great time on the Splendor. We took our 10 yr old grandson with us on the Legend last year and he loved Camp Carnival.

Thank you 18 years and counting in the Marine Corps...I know the boys will love the Camp I am looking forward to sailing Carnival again..Safe Travels..Lisa

Archived