Free beaches?

pbsweetheart

I'm a new cruiser and will be in Grand Cayman in a week or so. Are there any free beaches in Grand Cayman? If so - where are they? Are they easy to get to?

Also, are there any places to rent snorkle gear?

Thanks! Sorry if this is a stupid question!

I'll be going to Grand Cayman at the end of June. From what I've been reading on these boards (which are full of great info) is Sea Grape, Royal Palms and Tiki Cabana are all on 7 mile beach. All 3 are free to access the beach. You can rent chairs and umbrellas and each has a restaurant and restrooms. These are what we are leaning towards.

I have also read about Rum Point and other locations, but I'm not sure whether they charge or not.

Just scan thru some of the other posts and they are filled with great info:)

Oops, sorry, forgot to answer your question about snorkel equipment. There are a couple of dive shops very near the tender piers. You can snorkel from there, as a matter of fact, unless you really want to go to the beach. We like Eden Rock. You can rent a locker for your stuff, and also rent equipment. Just walk down the street to your right as you exit the tender pier and you'll see Eden Rock.

Archived