NCL Epic 12/4/2010

Hobie

The studios are 10 sf bigger than my home office. If I were single and a bit younger. they would be perfect for my needs. I only wish the studio complex had included a few cabins with a balcony - now that would be great!

Woody and I have an aft balcony on deck nine. You may have noticed in our picture posted on CF, I use a wheelchair due to an amputation to my right leg. Though I have a prosthetic leg, I will not be taking it with me on this cruise (it's a pain in the @$$). Therefore our aft balcony is a HC cabin. Though our cabin is huge, I'm a bit disappointed that the HC cabins do not feature the "wave design":(. Oh well, I will get over it because I'M ON A CRUISE:):D:p:cool:;)!!!!

Joey,

I love Aft balcony cabins. It's great to see the wake and you can see the shoreline on either the port or starboard side.

I'll have to come visit you guys and bring cocktails so we can sit on the balcony, watching the wake and the sunset! (how's that for inviting myself to your balcony?)

Hobie - you can stop by anytime but for balcony seating, there is a surcharge:D! Just joking with you. From what I can tell, our balcony is the size of 2 side-by-side balconies so there will be plenty of room.

Joey,

I just looked at the deck plan for deck 9 and noticed for the first time that the HC aft balconies do not have the WAVE. Looks like nice big cabin however with big balcony, and right in the middle!

Hobie - Thanks for the link. This maybe the same menu link I was looking over last week. I had to stop reading the menus 'cause it was making me hungry. I fixed that problem and made Woody take me out for dinner at a great Italian place called Cucina Tagliani - everything (including pasta noodles and salad dressings) are make from scratch. Plus, I didn't have to cook that night (I do the cooking).

I noticed some of the menus (like Le Bistro) have changed compared to when we were on the Star. Everything sounds great now I just have to decide when and where we are going to eat.

After the drinks on Joey's balcony you are all welcome to come up ours!! We have one of the aft AC penthouses. Counting down!! Has anyone seen any Freestyle Dailies posted. We are hoping they will have the martini tasting! It was fun. Got to try 5 martinis and they were good size tastes!

Hey Kim - we will have to do a cabin crawl (with cocktails :D) so we can see all the different cabins. I did see that someone posted a link to the freestyle dailies on the Epic forum the other day. I'll have to find it and post the link.

Cabin crawl will be fun. I'd love to see how many of you I can fit into my 100 sq. ft. Studio!

If it gets too crowded, I hear there is plenty of storage space under the bed. We can always throw Woody under there but I'm certain his sasquatch feet will stick-out for others to trip over;)!

Don't forget Hobie, your studio also hs access to the living room/lounge are with the bar and big screen TV. Did someone say bar?

a cabin crawl sounds fun...the question is how many different versions of the Martini can I have on this trip?

I would say since you are on vacation and not driving...um...navigating the ship, have as many different versions of the martini as the Epic offers. If they don't offer something you want to have or try, we'll just make our own;)

Just checking in to say "Hi" everyone:)!

Hobie - A few days ago I was reading a few Epic posts on the NCL forum. I was reading something about the 45-day dinner/show reservations you can make prior to your sailing. One poster, a solo cruiser, had stated that he/she could not pre-book the Cirque Dreams Dinner online because it only allows reserving for a minunum of 2 people. I do not know if this is for all of the shows, online only or online and by phone:confused:. You may want to call NCL and ask.

I know you will be on your Mexican Riviera cruise the day our sailing is open for advanced reservations. I know we still have some time beforethe date but if you can not book a single reservation in advance, think about this possibility. You are going to want to pre-book Cirque Dreams and be able to choose the day and time you'd like to see it. If you'd like, I can add you to our reservation when we book this dinner show. We could also see if a few of us would like to get together and book as a group for whatever night and time would work best.

I don't know..., just throwing it out there to ponder.

Joey,

Thank you for your note and for your kind offer. I have also read that you can only book for a minimum of 2 people. The solution is to call NCL, or to change it at guest relations once on board.

I would love to go with you and Woody to Cirque Dreams. It might be difficult for me to be booking reservations while in Mazatlan in October, so it would be great if you wouldn't mind adding me to your reservation. Let me know what information you might need. I can give you my cabin number and booking number, etc.

My e-mail is hobie99 at the gmail place.

Thank you again for your kind offer.

At the "Everything Epic" board, somebody has posted the Freestyle Dailies for the E. Caribbean cruise. I noticed that on the first day a "Friends of Dorothy" meeting was scheduled in Bliss at 6:00 p.m.

I don't really care for that term but it was nice to see that a meeting was scheduled and posted in the Daily.

Thanks Glenn for letting us know about the E. Caribbean Freestyle Dailies being posted. I haven't been over to the Epic forum to check it out but I'm headed there now. I do hope Kim finds her Martini Tasting thing-a-ma-jig in it. I'm sure she will be anxious to check it out.

Also, glad to hear you are going to do Bernard's in St. Maarten. Maybe they will put us on the same van.

Sadly, I did not see a Martini Tasting listed in the Dailes. I guess Linda and I will have to make do with the Pub Crawl and the Ice Bar. The do have a special @ Moderno (martini's 2 for 1), plus Shaker's Martini Bar.

Over on the "Everything Epic" board, there is a topic about martini tasting. They say that they had the martini tasting on the second day and that it is posted in the Daily. I have my copy of the Dailies at work, so I'll check it out later this morning when I get to the office.

I'll also send a copy to Joey when I get to the office a little later.

Archived