NCL Epic 12/4/2010

Hobie

There is a good review of the 7/24 to 7/31 E. Caribbean cruise on the "Everything Epic" board.

Here is a paragraph about the marinti tasting:

The shakers martini and champagne bar was a favorite, at night they had piano music and this was the site of the two martini clinics. The first was on the first sea day and there were maybe 10-15 in attendance. The martinis were all made with top shelf liquor and Ed (who was great and funny as the “instructor”) gave trivia questions during the clinic/tasting. I cannot exactly remember the 5 martinis at the first clinic (I wonder why) but I know there was a cosmopolitan, creamy chocolate, melontini, lemon grove, and one other. At the end he said there would be two more clinics/tastings on the 2 remaining sea days but I think they only ended up having the second one for some reason. The middle sea day it was not mentioned in the daily and we didn’t go up there. The third one it was in the daily and of course we went. At this one maybe 15-20 attendees and some of the trivia was the same some different. The martinis were French kiss, beach bum, just peachy, French cosmopolitan, and one other one I can’t remember. The cost was $15 pp. (don’t forget they add 15% to anything with a beverage including this).

Okay...so here it goes...I'm coming out of the closet for this one. I have never had a martini before:o! Back in my party/club days, I was mostly a bud light, screw driver, bloody mary, tangueray & cranberry juice whore, um...or is it ho?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody.

Pretty soon it will be December!

Getting excited here.

Have you been thinking about excursions? A group of us on the main NCL roll call page are considering a private tour with Bernards on St. Maartin. Check out the roll call over there and let us know if you are interested.

We are also going to try to set up Cruise Critic meet & greet hosted by NCL. NCL did this for us when I was on the Star and we had a great time.

Look forward to meeting all of you.

Hey Hobie - indeed the time is creeping upon us. AHhhh...was sitting here daydreaming of me sitting on the aft balcony, drinking a pina-colada (or any a-typical foo-foo-fluff drink) while enjoying the warm Caribbean breeze bounce off my big fat balding head!!!!

I'll be damned. I completely forgot what I was going to ask you. Seriously, my mind is a complete blank:confused:! Maybe it will come to me later.

I found on youtube some fantastic videos of the EPIC including one of actual passengers in a balcony room (not a promo video) - it gives you great perspective of the size of the room and the infamous "deconstructed" bathrooms. There is another detailed video of a Studio room and another video of the entire ship as well which includes those infamous adult pools with passengers in it to give perspective as well. Go to the Norwegian Cruise Line message board then click on "Everything Epic" and I think they are on page 2 now. Just find it under my screen name puggo63. I hope this helps all! :D

As sgt Shultz would say...I know nothing......nothing!:rolleyes:

Now what I will do on Epic in a few weeks to set you all up for a great cruise remains to be seen......maybe nothing....maybe something.

Depends on how evil I become......I do have my ways.:cool:

Youre right on. After the cruise they are all coming home with me and get into the pool.

I will leave you one non italian, non bald, non love trailed steward to do sumpthin sumpthin sumpthin......and we all know what Hobie likes....dont we Hobie.

I'll make it a good one.....heaven knows you ain't delicate :eek::rolleyes::D

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry Hobie, he hasn't checked in over here yet...but he will;). Last week hen I made final payment, I asked about reserving shows and restaurants for a solo guest who we would like to be on our ressie. The oman I spoke to said it would be no problem but first, you would have to call NCL and give them permission and our booking/cabin #. When I call to make the reservations, I in return, need to provide them with your booking /cabin # so they can make sure I have your permission.

I wonder if Tom had a good time on the Epic? Didn't they run into all that bad weather? Also, are you going to find out about the slot pull and how Tom's group organized it? Do you want to take the lead and organized and start a name list of people interested in doing this?

Archived