NCL Epic 12/4/2010

Hobie

Joey,

Funny about your Ws! I'll give you permission to make those reservations for me.

I saw a note from Tom on Facebook where he said he was going to write a review. I haven't looked for it yet. I'll ask him about the slot pull.

• 2 months later...

Hey gang! Been out running around getting last minute things for our trip. Next weekend will be even more frazzled being Thanksgiving weekend. We still have to go to the bank, get our hair cut and find Woody a new pair of sandals. Kim, I still would like for all of us to get together for a cabin crawl and of course a cocktail. Now, as far as you and Linda's cabin, Woody and I will be taking direct orders from Hobie as to whether or not we hijack and take over your suite.

Cabin Crawl sounds fun.

I know Kim & Linda will be showing off their suite and that Joey and Woody will be showing off their aft balcony. I will be showing off the exclusive, private Living Room!

I am assuming that there will be NCL GLBT meet and greet. Maybe we can do our cabin crawl after that and maybe with some new friends?

Kim & Linda: When do you guys leave Portland. I remember that you are going down a few days early and driving to Key West.

See you soon!

Sounds good to do a cabin crawl after the GLBT get together. If they keep the same schedule as the posted dailies there should be an FOD/GLBT Saturday at 6pm in the Bliss lounge. We'll plan on going. We are leaving town on 12/01 and renting car. Staying the first night in Key Largo, 2nd in Key West, and 3rd as far as we can drive back towards Miami. Plan on dropping the car off at the airport and being at the pier @ 11 or 12. We booked this cruise in July of '09 (that's how we got a good price on the AC Penthouse) can't believe we are 10 days away....5 more working days :)

I do not have a copy of the dailies on hand but I know they do have the FOD/GLBT meet, several nights. Woody and I are pretty much playing things by ear so...are you all thinking Saturday night after the meet? I also think Karl and Greg said they would like to get together as well. Kim, we do have resevations for BMG on Sunday night at 10PM. Our cabin # is 9297 if you'd like to jot it down. You can always call and leave a message if plans change or something else comes up.

FYI....don't know if you follow politics

A new U.N. resolution condemns the arbitrary execution of whole classes of humanity, from street kids to indigenous groups. It was to have included sexual minorities, but a bunch of nations balked at protection for LGBTs. The U.N. General Assembly then approved an amendment that removed them from from the list.

The vote was 79-70. Here's the list of countries that wanted to reserve the right to kill the gay

......The Bahamas was one of them

http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/11/22/5511339-lgbt-not-welcome-here

Kim - In general, I tend to keep my views on politics and religion to myself because there have been times I have gone off on people for getting in my face and trying to cram their unlogical BS down my throat and then have them tell me what an evil or worthless person I am for not buying it. I have actually had someone tell me the reason I am disabled is because I have not devoted my life to Jesus and this is my punishment for being a homosexual. It's sad that we live in a world where people are not treated equally and can even be shunned, imprisoned or possibly put-to-death just because they think, act or love differently. Thanks for posting the link.

I thought I would share the info. Linda and I try not to spend our money in places that have laws against homosexuality. Based on that information we will either stay on the ship or just walk around Nassau without spending any money. We don't have any expectations that anyone else would do the same. But thought I would pass it on. It is really sad that politics and religion are such hot topics and some can't discuss their ideas/opinions w/o someone else getting angry or demeaning someone for their opinion. Unbelievable what some people will say/do. I heard a talk show host suggest before engaging in political discussions there should someone appointed as fact checker due to sooo much misinformation. We leave in 8 days whoooo hooo!!! Cocktails, relaxation soon!

I'm also on the 12/4 Epic and look forward to meeting you all!

I took the Epic TA in June and was quite pleased. Yes, there were "shake-down" problems with phones, room safes, TVs, and a few small floods... but these was more than offset by an unsolicited credit I received from NCL of $325 (more than half of my fare) when I returned home. I am on the May and October 2011 Epic TAs, incredible bargains, IMO.

I am a loyal fan of the Jewel class ships, but the Epic is an upgrade. The biggest difference I found was that the Epic feels wider, especially the reception and main dining areas. Something akin to the difference between being on a 747 and a 757. One difference that required a bit of adjustment was the entertainment system and the required reservations. It is anything but "Freestyle." The showroom only seats 800 (est) people. But the spa is great in every sense. The novel studio rooms are thoughtfully configured. I liked the Epic a lot.

This time I will be on the aft deck (12313) and would be happy to host a stop on the crawl. I plan to visit Cupecoy and Little Magens Beaches, in case anyone is interested sharing cabs or has any advice about these.

Jim

Hi Jim - glad to have you on board. If you are interested, please stop by our general roll call page to look around http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=27003024#post27003024 . We will be having a general Meet and Greet on Sunday @ 11AM in Bliss Lounge complete with a Yankee Swap and a Slot Pull. If you atend the M&G, you are not required to participate in the Yankee Swap or Slot Pull unless you want. As for the FOD/LGBT on Saturday, we hope to see you and by all means, join us on the cabin crawl.

In St. Martin, my partner and I, Hobie (Glenn) and 3 other folks from the general roll call have a private tour reserved. One of our stops will be at Orient Beach but we had discussed making a quick stop at Cupecoy for pictures and a...ahem...quick peek!

Looking forward to meeting you.

One week from tomorrow we will be boarding Epic!

Jim, Nice to hear from you. I'm also on deck 12 but forward (12525). I'm in a studio cabin. I look forward to meeting you on board and at the meet & greet. Hopefully, there will be a GLBT gathering on Saturday evening at 6.

Your TA cruises sound like fun. I have always wanted to do that cruise.

See you all soon!

Archived