Which Island/beach TOURS? (cost/ which include drinks/food)

charuti

hi,

i am interested in seeing Romney Manor (Batik Factory) Brimstone Hill Black Rocks, and spending time on Cockleshell Beach. I searched through this forum and came across several operators offering tours. If you have taken one of the below tours can you please let me know how much it cost and if food/drinks were included? Thank you!

Rose & Jim Taxi (found price of $41 but min 4 people)

ThenFord Grey

Captian Sunshine

Javin

Royston Tours

Island Paride Tours

hi,

i am interested in seeing Romney Manor (Batik Factory) Brimstone Hill Black Rocks, and spending time on Cockleshell Beach. I searched through this forum and came across several operators offering tours. If you have taken one of the below tours can you please let me know how much it cost and if food/drinks were included? Thank you!

Rose & Jim Taxi (found price of $41 but min 4 people)

ThenFord Grey

Captian Sunshine

Javin

Royston Tours

Island Paride Tours

Royston's prices in Jan 2010:

2 people - $60 each

4 people - $40 each

6 people - $30 each

8 people - $25 each

Included: admission to Brimstone Hill, light lunch snack (he picks up roti (delicious BTW), drinks (soft drinks, juices and beer)

The length of the tour and times are up to you - he is VERY flexible.

We had a great time and would highly recommend him. However if it matters to you - his van is NOT air-conditioned (he pops the windows out - which it makes it nice and breezy and perfect for picture taking). He can also arrange for you to tour with his cousin who DOES have an air-conditioned van.

In April I arranged a tour with Royston Tours. He was busy that day, but he arranged the tour with his cousin, Ashton. The van was air-conditioned. He was a very pleasant person and went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed everything. We had a 5-hour tour with snacks and drinks. We had twelve people and the cost was $25 pp. One of the best tours I have even taken.

• 2 weeks later...
For Royston's tour did you get to spend any time at Cockelshell beach for swimming?

Royston is VERY flexible - so it is entirely up to you. In our case we had limited time so we concentrated on the sites like Brimstone Hill - but if you tell Royston how much time you want at the beach - that is what you will get. On our day it was a bit rainy - so we just went to Cockleshell to have a look. We did a short swim and snorkle at South Friar's Bay.

• 1 month later...

RE: Tours in St. Kitts. We booked with Thenford Grey; tour cost US $48 pp including admission to Brimstone Hill. Thenford was very professional, knowledgeable, and considerate. He answered all my detailed questions in advance, promptly, by e-mail. He even sent a picture of the Port Zant terminal showing exactly where we would be picked up and he was there right on time. Vehicle seemed brand new, roomy, and air-conditioned. He offered to take pictures of us along the way, with our camera; he also took pictures with his camera and asked for an address so he could e-mail them to a family member for us - a very nice touch. He provided bottled water along the way. The stop at Cockleshell was at a beachfront bar where we could buy food and beverages.

This was a great tour, good value, and we were very pleased that we booked with Thenford. Wish he could clone himself and offer tours on other islands for our next cruise!

-afto

Archived