Your #1 favorite thing about Serenade of the Seas

The Seaview has an entirely different menu from the Promenade - fish and chips, reuben sandwich, chicken fingers, milk shakes, burgers, etc. The view can't be beat - I much prefer seaview being outdoors than Promenade inside.
So am I hearing MEALS in the Seaview as opposed to SNACKS in the Promenade Cafe?

The Dh misses "the mall" in the center of the ship but I LOVE the views on the radiance class ships. There are no parades but I feel much more connected to the ocean. There are still places to people watch and they do the 70's night in the small atrium which is all 10 stories high. While I like the bigger ships too (haven't tried the Oasis yet) with these ships you remember you are on the deep blue sea with daytime views everywhere of the water.

We've been on the Jewel (10 nights), Brilliance (12 nights) and are looking forward to the Serenade this winter.

The solarium can be warm and feels a bit tropical with humidity. Fake birds sing but it generally is quiet and very relaxing. Since I can't be in the direct sun anymore I spend alot of time there. The eating area in the solarium is great for a really quick snack with wraps and sandwiches and cookies. There is also lemonaide and water there so you don't have to walk all the way back to the windjammer.

The seaview cafe has a set menu, you place your order and wait unlike the walk thru at the promenade cafe. However the food is more like a meal then a snack. My secret is that they have a great brownie that is not on the menu. Ask what they have for dessert at the seaview if it is not listed! (I made a daily afternoon trip there once I found this out!) They also have a side salad that you can take to go.

Great information -- thanks!

Here is the Seaview menu - it's a greap spot for lunch

Seaview Cafe Menu

All Day Favorites

Onion Rings - Sweet onions inside, golden crisp batter outside.

Feathers 'N Fingers - For those of you who can't decide, we give you both spicy chicken wings & crisp fried chicken fingers. Dipping sauces to match.

Corn Chips Basket - Corn chips with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.

Soup & Salad

Soup of the day - Fresh and steaming hot from the kettle, served with deli crackers.

Seaview Salad - Seasonal greens, tomatoes & red onions topped with tuna or crab salad.

Grouper Caesar Salad - Romaine lettuce, blackened grouper fillet, shaved parmesan and herb croutons.

Fruit & Cottage Cheese - A delightful assortment of seasonal fresh fruit served with a scoop of cottage cheese.

Salads offered with our special royal culinary collections dressings.

Delicious Sandwiches

Cuban Sandwich - Sliced roast pork, ham, Swiss cheese and pickles on a toasted water roll.

Reuben Sandwich - Corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and thousand island dressing on grilled rye bread.

Tuna Melts Sub - With sliced ripe tomatoes and melted Swiss cheese on a toasted French flute.

Vegetarian - Avocado, tomato, lettuce and spouts on whole wheat bread.

All sandwiches served with your choice of coleslaw, German potato salad, deli chips, French fries, and kosher pickles.

House Specials

Fish & Chips - with tartar sauce.

Chile con Carne - Our home made chili topped with cheese.

Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Nathan's Hot Dog, French Fries

And Desserts

Dessert Of The Day - Ask your server for today's delicious dessert special.

Brownies - Chunky, chewy and filled with chocolate morsels and walnuts.

With all of these wonderful posts about the beautiful glass on this ship' date=' I was wondering......does anyone have any pictures that can do it justice? Please show the rest of us who have future cruises on this marvelous vessel just exactly what you are talking about. I can't wait to see it in person, of course, but a nice glimpse right now would be terrific!

Who has the best pics? Come on, share......please:)

Thanks in advance![/quote']

Sorry, this is the best I could find from the inside...

2281499550097872471S425x425Q85.jpg I actaully took this picture from inside the elevator when we were stopped. The elevators are all glass, too, so when you're going u and down you're looking through your glass elevator through the large windows on every deck and all you can see is the ocean or the island where you're docked. I LOVE it!

Soup & Salad

Soup of the day - Fresh and steaming hot from the kettle, served with deli crackers.

Seaview Salad - Seasonal greens, tomatoes & red onions topped with tuna or crab salad.

Grouper Caesar Salad - Romaine lettuce, blackened grouper fillet, shaved parmesan and herb croutons.

Fruit & Cottage Cheese - A delightful assortment of seasonal fresh fruit served with a scoop of cottage cheese.

Salads offered with our special royal culinary collections dressings.

Delicious Sandwiches

Cuban Sandwich - Sliced roast pork, ham, Swiss cheese and pickles on a toasted water roll.

Reuben Sandwich - Corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and thousand island dressing on grilled rye bread.

Tuna Melts Sub - With sliced ripe tomatoes and melted Swiss cheese on a toasted French flute.

Vegetarian - Avocado, tomato, lettuce and spouts on whole wheat bread.

All sandwiches served with your choice of coleslaw, German potato salad, deli chips, French fries, and kosher pickles.

House Specials

Fish & Chips - with tartar sauce.

Chile con Carne - Our home made chili topped with cheese.

Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Nathan's Hot Dog, French Fries

From personal experience: Reubens were delicious- well worth a visit. Fish and Chips were horrible (think Mrs. Paul's frozen fish sticks- plus no malt vinegar onboard), Fruit and cottage cheese plate- very enjoyable, soup of the day- whatever is in the Windjammer that day- usually very good. From other's comments: hamburger and hot dogs were very good. DD enjoyed the Grouper Caesar salad even though she discovered that she didn't care for grouper. Beer & sodas are available (at additional cost) (maybe wine- but don't know for certain).

Definitely a great place for a quick meal (or hearty snack) plus great views!

Sorry, this is the best I could find from the inside...

2281499550097872471S425x425Q85.jpg I actaully took this picture from inside the elevator when we were stopped. The elevators are all glass, too, so when you're going u and down you're looking through your glass elevator through the large windows on every deck and all you can see is the ocean or the island where you're docked. I LOVE it!

Thanks for posting the pic! Anyone else?

Just booked this ship for next August, the Aruba Curacao route. We've never been there as the last time in the Southern Caribbean was the Barbados St. Lucia route. We really loved that itinerary. Can anyone tell me how the Aruba route compares? Or is it like apples and oranges? I have to say I was disappointed when they moved Adventure to Europe for the summer, we loved that ship. But reading this thread, I am getting really excited to board the Serenade.

Just booked this ship for next August, the Aruba Curacao route. We've never been there as the last time in the Southern Caribbean was the Barbados St. Lucia route. We really loved that itinerary. Can anyone tell me how the Aruba route compares? Or is it like apples and oranges? I have to say I was disappointed when they moved Adventure to Europe for the summer, we loved that ship. But reading this thread, I am getting really excited to board the Serenade.

Would be awesome to get some comments about this itinerary! Thanks in advance.:D

• 2 months later...
OK, have to agree with some of the others here. First off the people we met the two years we did the Serenade are what made this a wonderful time. Would love to cruise with them again in the future.

Loved the Schooner bar and the piano player and the hump balconies are great.

Also agree on the service and staff being great. Just miss Sam coming around with my afterdinner drink.

2440632680103583464S425x425Q85.jpg

Donna, TWO weeks from tonight we are in San Jaun, and two days later we are all back on Serenade! Would be nice to know if Sam is still there, we have sailed with him 3 years in a row, he is THE BEST! Anyone else know Sam?? :)

The solarium can be warm and feels a bit tropical with humidity. Fake birds sing but it generally is quiet and very relaxing.

They're not always fake birds...we've been on the Radiance, Brilliance and Jewel etc. and have had real birds in the Solarium.

Aside from the wonderful staff and areas of the ship mentioned above, we really liked the overall decor of the ship. It is done in a nautical art deco motif which has enough glass/brass to be festive, and yet the colors are not gaudy. Unlike some ships of another line, you don't feel like a pinball machine threw up on the ship.

We also loved the Viking Lounge. During the day it was deserted, and on sea days provided a wonderful view. One sea day, we were up there looking over the pool and I noticed an isolated rain cloud approaching the ship. I told DH "Watch this...it will be like poking an ant hill with a stick." Sure enough, the shower washed across the deck and folks scattered. We almost could not breathe for laughing.

Serenade is a marvelous ship.

One of the nicest things and most overlooked things on the Radiance Class ships is the outdoor seating for the windjammer. Especially for dinner. Also for dinner they have the build your own, Pasta/Pizza/Mongolian BBQ bar that is outstanding. The windjammer is usually very quiet for dinner, and allows you to have a table under the stars enjoying a quiet dinner watching the moon reflect off the water. It is an experience you can't get in the Main Dinning Room and can only get on Serenade and her Radiance class sisters.

Archived