Rum Point Excursion $

shensadie5

Going on Stingray, Snorkeling Rum Point Tour with Nativeways. How much cash is recommended for tipping and lunch/drinks for lunch for Rum Point for group of 4. Don't want to get there and not have enough to eat and drink.

We did this tour last summer and had a great time. I am certain we tipped the guide, probably $5/person. Our tour included lunch, which was more than enough food for us. We also drank the included non-alcoholic beverages - iced tea and/or lemonade - so we did not need much money at all while there.

Have fun!

We did this tour last summer and had a great time. I am certain we tipped the guide, probably $5/person. Our tour included lunch, which was more than enough food for us. We also drank the included non-alcoholic beverages - iced tea and/or lemonade - so we did not need much money at all while there.

Have fun!

Hi we are sailing in oct. . can you tell me how many people are in their groups. we prefer a small group like 8 to 12.

We did that tour in April. We are a family of 6 and had two guys on the boat. We gave them each $20 at the end. They were both very helpful. The lunch at Rum Point is included in the price, so you don't need any money for that. There is a bar there, so if you wanted to get an alcoholic drink you would need to cover that.

There were about 20 people on our boat for the snorkeling, sting rays, and star fish stops, but we were the only ones who got off at Rum Point. When they came back to pick us up we were the only ones on the boat for the return.

I am gonna be cruising into George Town this Sept. and we are planning to do the Native Way Rays, Reef and Rum point excursion. From what I gather George Town is a tender port I am concerned about getting on and off the ship. It says the excursion is 5 hours long, was there plenty of time to get back to the ship before it left port???? Also what was the lunch they provided? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jo:confused:

You probably want to line up on the boat earlier rather and later to tender. You will not be sorry with NativeWays. They are a smaller company and you get personal service. Some of the other excursion boats were packed and looked like junk heaps. You will not want to leave Rum Point. This is where the Cayman Coast Guard(don't know their real titles) come to hang out for lunch break. The crew will make sure you get back on time.

Archived