Maho beach airplanes

How long does it take to get to Maho beach from where the ship is docked? And how much does it cost to go by taxi? What times to the planes generally fly over? Can't wait to see it. Thanks.

I was there in late 2008 and it took about 40 mins or so to get there and about an hour and half to get back! Traffic was terrible. We saw many smaller prop planes and one 737 sized jet fly over (very cool!!!) The beach has been washed away and isnt the greatest swimming. When we were there the waves were 6-10 feet. We had a blast playing in the waves but my friend hurt her knee. There is also a bar right next to the beach.

How long does it take to get to Maho beach from where the ship is docked? And how much does it cost to go by taxi? What times to the planes generally fly over? Can't wait to see it. Thanks.

It is on St. Marteen.

If you're the type of person who likes to watch planes land, you can not get a better view! My GF was up near the road on the beach taking pictures, when the 737 came over she dropped the ground she was so scared it was going to clip her. It was really funny!

You cant walk there from the ship. It is a good 20 min taxi. For about $20.

Totally worth it. Just went there in April and loved it. The big planes come in after 12:00 pm. There is a chalk board (Surf Board on the beach) that has the arrival times on it.

Good beach bar there with a small tee shirt shop.

Have fun.

Was there again this past Weds. I enjoy going over to Maho Beach and having lunch at Sunset Bar and Grill.

http://www.sunsetsxm.com/

The price of the cab depends on the number of passengers in the taxi. For four people, it is $8.00 each way. It takes around 40-45 minutes depending on traffic. This past week it was slow season so traffic was not bad. January through April is high season and it can be busy. There are also more larger planes at this time of the year. We saw a few larger planes landing. It can get busy at Sunset around lunch time.

Any good restaurants within the area? I love good food and would like to try something regional if there is such a place. We are bring the daughter who is a little picky about food. I really like the little holes in the wall where locals hang out. Thanks.:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

Archived