Free Shuttles to the Port of Miami

fordslovetocruise

Need to know which rental car places offer free shuttles to the port of Miami. Thank you in advance.

03/13/05 - Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

03/03/03 - Carnival Imagination - Western Caribbean

02/21/02 - Carnival Paradise - Southern Caribbean

03/03/01 - Carnival Triump - Eastern Caribbean

09/20/98 - Carnival Destiny - Western Caribbean

I know Alamo and Thrifty have shuttles. Unsure regarding Avis and Dollar. Budget and National DO NOT in spite of what the 800 reservation people tell you. Had reserve w/ both in turn last March (04) and when I called the rental location direct they told me they did not and the 800 reservation people were wrong. Ended up renting for $5 less with Alamo on an entertainment car coupon. Also: almost all the rental co in FL allow you to pick up at one location and drop at another within FL w/o added charges. I picked up at FLL, returned to MIA and was shuttled to the port.

Thanks. Double checking .... the Alamo shuttle is free right? And do we have to tell them in advance that we need it or will it always be available?

Yes, the Alamo shuttle is free. There is a bus-stop outside the port in Miami off to the left next to the parking lot. We asked the porter who helped us with our luggage where to go, and he took us to the right spot to wait. The shuttles came every 20-30 min or so.

There was no extra charge for picking up and dropping off at different locations. We flew into FLL the day before the cruise, rented a van there, and dropped it off at the Miami location the next morning. Then they shuttled us for free to the port (we had gotten there when the shuttle had just left, but an employee came running over and told us he would take us down immediately in a different shuttle bus, which saved us from having to wait--we were the only ones on the bus which was great!). Then we did the opposite when we returned from the cruise. It was all very smooth and I would highly recommend Alamo. They had the best prices for a van and friendly employees, and we were very pleased!

Archived