Seattle Pier 91 check in

We have a rental car to return to the airport in Seattle and are staying in the University District. Wondering if we could drop bags at the port before returning the car so we could just grab a quick ride back to port and not drag our heavy suitcases more than necessary. Is this possible or do we have to check in with our bags? If it is possible, what would be the earliest time?

• 2 weeks later...
We have a rental car to return to the airport in Seattle and are staying in the University District. Wondering if we could drop bags at the port before returning the car so we could just grab a quick ride back to port and not drag our heavy suitcases more than necessary. Is this possible or do we have to check in with our bags? If it is possible, what would be the earliest time?

Both times we left on our cruise from Seattle we had rental cars. We went to the dock, parked in the parking garage and checked into the ship. We put our carry ons in our cabin, had some lunch on the ship, then went back to the parking gararge, got our rental and returned it. So we did not have any luggage etc to drag around with us. We were able to leave our rental right downtown on both trips...we rented from the airport and returned downtown. In the long run, the added expense from the rental was about the same as we would have had to pay to get back from the airpot. It was much quicker and we got to enjoy some time in downtown Seattle, one of my favorite cities. Just a thought!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wondering the same things...........the site didn't help me at all. From the map, it looks as if you have to take a shuttle from the parking area to the ship along with your luggage.......?:confused:

What I need to know is............can I drop off my travel companion and our luggage and then take our car to a friend's home where it will "live" while we are gone? She will drive me back to the pier...........or.............?

Where will she pick us up when we return?

I've only left from Pier 66 before so am not at all familiar with 91........any people with information out there? Thanks for your input.:)

Since you are just dropping people off you don't need to go to the parking area at all. You can drop off your passengers and luggage right at the terminal and then drive back to wherever you are going to leave your car. You friend will be able to do the same thing and drop you off right at the terminal.

When your friend picks you up she will probably want to go to the cell phone waiting lot and hang out until you call. Then drive into the terminal and pick you up.

Archived