Deck 11 on Sun Princess - noise

Hi CCer's, has anyone been on deck 11 in a BA category balcony. If you have can you tell me is there much noise from the deck above. I have a tentative booking on deck 11 but do not know about being just under a main entertainment deck.

Hi Sailaway John,

I haven't been in those cabins but personally I wouldn't choose them. They are right under the pool area which can be noisy whith scraping chairs during the day and cleaning of the pool during the night.

I would go down a deck and pick a BB or BC with cabins above and below.

Just my thoughts! :)

We were in A639 on Deck 11 last year for Northern Explorer cruise and have now requested a similar cabin for our cruise on Dawn Princess next year. There was no noise from above at all. We found the position very good as we could easily walk up the stairs to Deck 14 or go out the back and walk up the stairs. I had been concerned we may have had lift noise, but we did not.

Hi Sailaway John, we were in A508 last year which is pretty much in the middle of deck 11, only heard any noise once, having an afternoon nap one arvo when heard some running and chair moving above. Otherwise didn't hear anything in the early mornings or late evenings, although when it was deck party night we were up on deck. This year have gone for B deck, unless you go to bed very early don't think noise will be a problem on A deck.

Hi John

Graeme & Katrina were in A626 - deck 11, not sure what there signin name is thou.

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee,

I'm pretty sure Graeme & Katrina's sign in is MissLaustralia (or something like that).

Actually John, our first cruise on the Dawn Princess was in A515 (Deck 11). Whilst we didn't get any noise from the pool, we did get noise from people running around on the deck above - very annoying early in the morning.

By the way John, we have changed our next cruise. Our friends (from Port) have finally booked but could only get a mini on the 7th Feb to NZ, so we just had to change and go with themicon7.gif

Regards,

Di

Archived