Carnival Valor 2/20/05

star10

Hi,

This will be my fourth cruise, 2nd with Carnival. There are 11 of us going, and I can't believe how fast it is coming up.

We will be travelling with 2- 13 year olds, a 9 yr old and a 3 yr old. I was wondering if anyone else with children has some information about the Valor and their children's experiences on this ship?

Also, I was looking at our tickets... our rooms are on Deck 11! That is practically the top deck. Any pros/cons to being so high? We are right next to the spa and salon, so I don't expect it to be noisy.

Thanks for any info!

star10

Hi,

This will be my fourth cruise, 2nd with Carnival. There are 11 of us going, and I can't believe how fast it is coming up.

We will be travelling with 2- 13 year olds, a 9 yr old and a 3 yr old. I was wondering if anyone else with children has some information about the Valor and their children's experiences on this ship?

Also, I was looking at our tickets... our rooms are on Deck 11! That is practically the top deck. Any pros/cons to being so high? We are right next to the spa and salon, so I don't expect it to be noisy.

Thanks for any info!

star10

We'll also be on the 2/20 Valor. There is a Roll Call Forum for this cruise - probably get more response there. There's only 3 of us going from here this year - my Mom, myself and my just turned 13 year old son. We were on the Glory last year but not during a school vacation week - should be interesting. He had a fantastic time on the Glory. Make sure you register all the kids - even the 13 year olds - on the first night with Camp Carnival. He didn't do much with them but he met some of the other kids on the ship and they had a few things during the week that he did participate in. He spent a great deal of time in the teen lounge - it's just for the kids and they don't get kicked out at 11:30 like they do on the other ships. Has a "bar", their own DJ, dance floor and arcade. They also mentioned if they have enough interest, Camp Carnival will take the 12-14 year olds on shore excursions - someone said at a discount. Hoping this is the case this year. Last year, there were only about 10 kids his age on the ship but he still had a great time. This will be his 6th cruise and he's loved them all.

Archived