Non Suite Guest using Suite Facilites

GigCrusier

Should family and Friends of Guest in Suites be allowed suite benefits?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Should family and Friends of Guest in Suites be allowed suite benefits?

• Should non-suite guest be allowed Court yard benefits?
    • Sould non-Suite guest be allowed dining benefits?
    • Should non-Suite Guest found in the Court yard have to walk the plank?
    • Should non-suite guest eating at Cagneys have to wash dishes the remainder of the cruise?

Hi Mbisson

:confused:You've peaked my curiosity. Did you make your request on an "at sea" day as opposed to an in port day? What ship and itinerary? Did you ask prior to arrival?

;)The few times I've asked, I made the request the day before and had gotten to know the conceirge before hand.

Uniall

Sea day. I requested the day before thru the concierge (who I do know). But after his initially saying 'probably yes, but it's got to be cleared with the HD' it became a 'no' after that (I know the HD well also). I'll not name names beyond that

Sea day. I requested the day before thru the concierge (who I do know). But after his initially saying 'probably yes, but it's got to be cleared with the HD' it became a 'no' after that (I know the HD well also). I'll not name names beyond that

You've got me baffled. The only thing I can figure is that being an at sea day, they may have expected a full house throughout breakfast and lunch. The few times I've done it, late breakfast and late lunch in port when most people were ashore.

But you reminded me of a recent tale from the Spirit which has a dining with officers night. They split up two couples each to dine with the top 7 ship's officers at separate tables. We were one of the first couples selected at random and asked if we'd like to dine with the Captain. I asked if we could dine with the Hotel Director and we did. :D

My DW and I book Owner's Suite. It is just "slightly" above our means, but we do it anyway.

We love the OS...the spacious rooms, the perks, the large balcony(s), the pure decadence.

On our last cruise, we paid for our kids and grandkids to come along (inside cabins, directly across from our suite.)

Obviously, the nine of us spent lots of our time in the OS, as there is plenty of room to entertain even nine, in a suite that size.

DW and I ate breakfast and lunch in Cagney's each day. Not once did it even occur to me that the other 7 folks in our crew should be able to eat in Cagney's. It is a suite perk, and there were only two of us in the suite.

As for the GV area....even though those that are in OS can access the GV, we have not once ventured up there....several reasons, probably, but the two that first come to mind is that although the OS is expensive, it is way less than 2 would pay for a GV, so in all honesty, we hate to "intrude". Secondly, having met several folks that are booked in the GV, we, quite frankly, feel more comfortable with the other passengers at the main pool!

I once rented a limo for the trip from the airport to the docks, and was accosted by a couple (complete strangers) that were just downright indignant that they they could not ride along, as there was "plenty of room"!

You get what you pay for folks. If you want the perks, then you should pay for them. Don't take them away from those that have.

Archived