Toiletries in room

I was wondering if there is shampoo, conditioner or soap in the cabin restrooms? Need to know weather or not to pack these items.

There is a dispenser in the shower with one shampoo/conditioner/body wash solution which we did not use except for the last day because we had to pack all of our large sized items. Who knows what it really was but I would bring my own hair products.

My cabin on Oasis two weeks ago had little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion, and it was re-stocked whenever we needed them. I don't know if it was just my steward who did this, or if it's a new thing just for Oasis. We were really (pleasantly!) surprised and certainly didn't count on it. I haven't heard from anyone else about whether their cabins had them.

My cabin on Oasis two weeks ago had little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion, and it was re-stocked whenever we needed them. I don't know if it was just my steward who did this, or if it's a new thing just for Oasis. We were really (pleasantly!) surprised and certainly didn't count on it. I haven't heard from anyone else about whether their cabins had them.

We were on the 5/8 sailing, and our cabin had them, too. A shampoo, a conditioner, a body wash, and something else (it was a set of four). I was surprised, too. I thought I had read on here that the only 'supplied' toiletry was the shampoo in the dispenser in the shower, so I, too, wondered if it was a perk from our attendant. He was awesome.

Rachel

We were on the 5/8 sailing, and our cabin had them, too. A shampoo, a conditioner, a body wash, and something else (it was a set of four). I was surprised, too. I thought I had read on here that the only 'supplied' toiletry was the shampoo in the dispenser in the shower, so I, too, wondered if it was a perk from our attendant. He was awesome.

Rachel

What type of cabins did you have, maybe the higher cat cabins, suites, etc have the little bottles:confused:

What type of cabins did you have, maybe the higher cat cabins, suites, etc have the little bottles:confused:

No fancy cabin for us. We had a D7, ocean balcony on the 11th floor. We are mere 'gold' level in CA (not platinum, D, or D+).

The brand was Rusk (which I'm not familiar with) and the fourth little bottle was body lotion.

We also had robes in our closet when we arrived, for our use while on board (not that we could take with us, though there was a notice saying we could purchase new ones). The robes were nice, but for me, too heavy for summer use.

Rachel

I wonder when they started with the little bottles? We were one the 04/24 sailing and only had the dispenser. We did have robes though. We were in a B1.

I'm wondering if they are trying to use up the Rusk products? When we were on in January, we had both Rusk and Gilchrist and Soames in our cabin. Last week, it was just G&S. Maybe they made the decision to go with G&S and are trying to use up the remaining Rusk products? I guess time will tell.

I'm wondering if they are trying to use up the Rusk products? When we were on in January, we had both Rusk and Gilchrist and Soames in our cabin. Last week, it was just G&S. Maybe they made the decision to go with G&S and are trying to use up the remaining Rusk products? I guess time will tell.

Wish I hadn't read this :(

I've now gone from feeling like I got something special, to feeling like I got 'hand-me-down/leftovers'.

Oh, well, it was a great cruise either way.

Rachel

I've now gone from feeling like I got something special, to feeling like I got 'hand-me-down/leftovers'.

Rachel

Me too! :) We had Rusk stuff, and I even put on the comment card how nice it was to have that stuff. However, since they were too small to fit in the shower tray (they kept falling through), it could be that they are trying to use them up. Hmmm...We were in an ocean view balcony that we got a cheap rate on. I guess I'll have to book another cruise and find out! And I always bring my own just in case.

Rachel

Again this is just one assumption. I have no way of knowing if this in fact the reason but it does seem that some have received it and others have not. I would think that all cabins would have at least received the same products if it were to be ship wide.

Back from 5/15 sailing and had Central Park view room. NO little bottles of anything. Just robes and shampoo dispenser. On Carnival we had all sorts of goodies, but nothing on the Oasis.

But did enjoy our room though, and looking out over Central Park and I had brought my own little carry on bottles of lotion, etc...

Carol

This is interesting to hear, as the previous poster mentioned you get a basket of goodies on Carnival from soaps, shampoo, lotions and even tanning cream. It was a nice surprise! On HAL and Princess they also provide shampoo, conditioner as well as body lotion.

I would hope that they give you at least the 3 bare minimums:

Shampoo

Conditioner

Hand Cream

This is interesting to hear, as the previous poster mentioned you get a basket of goodies on Carnival from soaps, shampoo, lotions and even tanning cream. It was a nice surprise! On HAL and Princess they also provide shampoo, conditioner as well as body lotion.

I would hope that they give you at least the 3 bare minimums:

Shampoo

Conditioner

Hand Cream

They don't normally on RCI. Makes no difference to me, as I always bring my own. I was pleasantly surprised.

Archived