A few positive reviews

Rebel Rouser

Just a few positive letters for those who are sailing 1st time ;)

"Trip from Hull/Island Escape"

10 / 10

(user rating)

Date of Holiday: May 2010 Submitted By: gazzajacqui

Just back from a week on the island escape what a great time we had. Staff were fantastic all week. The all inclusive package is a must if you like a good drink on the ship. There were six of us and we saved a lot of money getting the inclusive deal. If you want a good laid back and very very friendly cruise on the med then get booked up you will enjoy yourselves.

• Advice: get it booked

"Island Escape brilliant"

10 / 10

(user rating)

Date of Holiday: May 2010 Submitted By: Judith

Just returned from cruise aboard Island Escape 20.7.2010 to 27.5.2010. The whole experience was excellent pleased that we disregarded the negative reviews. The food was excellent the cabins although small were fine plenty of space for clothes and that was for 3 ladies sharing! The cleanliness was excellent clean linen and towells daily.Our attendent Xavier was very good. The entertainment again was super. We only took one trip afternoon to Rome and it was all that it said would like to have seen more but time was the restriction. Other stops we made our own way successfully.

• Board Basis:All Inclusive

"brilliant!"

9 / 10

(user rating)

Date of Holiday: May 2010 Submitted By: ianbadg

• This was our 1st cruise so admittedly we have nothing to compare it to. We were more than pleased when we boarded. It may be dated but very clean. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The food really good, plenty of choice. The entertainment was good too. We spent most of our time in the pub as Frankie de Soto the piano player was excellent and so was Assam the vocal guitarist. Every now and then they did a blues night together off their own backs and unpaid for, which is not to be missed. The room was comfortable and the cleaner brilliant. We did a few trips ashore which we really enjoyed and thought were ok value for money. Do not listen to the snobs who slag this ship. You do get what you pay for and if they want to use some of the more expensive cruise lines, that is up to them but they shouldn't slag this ship off. Book it with confidence, it is great.

• Advice: a great atmosphere on board

"GREAT FIRST CRUISE"

10 / 10

(user rating)

Date of Holiday: May 2010 Submitted By: jackie

We read these reviews after booking and were worried. There was no need to worry, we had a great time. The Crew were brilliant and could not do enough. The entertainment was very good. Our cabin was larger than I imagined it would be and clean and comfortable. The food a wide choice, and something for everyone. We would not hesitate to book this ship again, everyone was very friendly and we really enjoyed our first cruise. The pool could have been a bit bigger but that is the only thing.

• Advice: TRY IT
  • Tour Operator:Booked Independently

"Cruise Virgins"

10 / 10

(user rating)

Date of Holiday: May 2010 Submitted By: Cruise Virgins

Wife and I just returned from our very first cruise. We late booked a week on the Island Escape on the Mediterranean Discovery itinerary. After reading some of the comments we were a little apprehensive but we had a fantastic time. The food is worth a special mention, it was excellent with plenty of choice, catering for all tastes. There are two buffet restaurants, the Beachcomber (open 24 hours) which has plastic plates and mugs but this is to allow meals to be taken out on deck and the Island restaurant which is more formal, being shown to your seat next to other diners, however you can request to be on your own. The third restaurant, the Oasis is a la carte and meals are extra at around £15 per person for four excellent courses. Drinks prices are reasonable considering the location and there's entertainment to suit all tastes. There were always sun loungers available (towels provided) with plenty of non-smoking areas. Yes the ship is in need of a refurb and the pool is small but the cabin was clean with shower gel and soap provided. Hygiene is prominent with hand sanitizer dispensers all over the ship and at entrances to restaurants (and they make sure you use them). The staff cannot do enough for you. We went on several well organised excursions with good guides the only complaint being refreshments aren't included even on the full-day ones. Asking other passengers how this cruise compares they all said it was excellent value for money and we agree. We were warned we'd be hooked on cruising and this has been an excellent introduction.

• Advice: Go cruise!
  • Board Basis:Full Board

"WOW Thompsons and Island Escape."

10 / 10

(user rating)

Date of Holiday: Apr 2010 Submitted By: Room 6554

We booked this holiday a while ago but after reading some of the reviews we were a little worried. Well we certainly had NOTHING to worry about. This was a FAB holiday. (we know the ship is due for refurbishment and is a little ready but is isnt a problem at all, unless you are extremly picky!). This was a bargain priced cruise holiday for myself my hubby and two sons aged 12 and 15 years. The places we visited on our Colourful Coasts Cruise were lovely. The ship had FANTASTIC entertainment.Ross excels himself as cruise director and his collegues too. (We loved the Cinderella show and the Pool Olympics). The whole entertainment staff are amazing. The shows in the Ocean Theatre were fabulous musical shows. Lorren,Chris and Ryan have amazing singing voices. The dancers are also amazing. Well done to you all. The food is fantastic, there is so much choice and 24 hours a day. The hand sanitisers are always attended by a member of staff so they are used properly (even though some still walk past espically lone children, but thats up to adults to sort)and we never heard of any problems. We also loved the beautiful fruit,Vegetable and ice carvings too.The variety of entertainment was fab espically when the weather wasnt as good as expected there was plenty to do inside. The pub bar had fantastic entertainment too with Assen, Bobby or the Butterfly Collectors. They were SO worth watching and listening too. Our cabin wes on deck 6 and was ample for how much time we spent in there. It was kept extremly clean and tidy constantly (we love the animal towel decorations thank you) Our cruise was extended by a week and we were never asked for an extra penny. The same super service just carried on.It was due to the Icelandic ash cloud and the way we were looked after was totally amazing. Huge thanks to Captain David Bathgate who kept us informed constantly. The entire staff on the Island Escape were great. We had extra shows made for us as the staff were as always so happy and friendly. We got to know a few of them and want to thank them for there true friendly manner. Mary(Maryina) and Julius helped to make our holiday more special. We got into Falmouth and the staff were all helpful in a stressful time (thank you) and all the coaches were there to bring us all back to our airport carparks. Even the bus driver was fab!! We arrived back at EMA and we couldnt believe a Thompsons rep was there waiting (we honestly didnt expect that). She shown us to the carcark assistant to sort that out too and even that wes a week free of charge, amazing....... We want to thank Thompsons and Island Cruisers Island Escape for EVERYTHING you did for us. THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!!!!

• Advice: To just read my review!
  • Board Basis:Full Board

"first curse "

10 / 10

(user rating)

Date of Holiday: Apr 2010 Submitted By: uncle fester

my wife and I were on this ship in april of this year.It was our first cruse.

I can only say its the best holiday we have ever had .The cabin we were in was spotless.and kept tyhat way by the cabin crew. the food out if this world staff could not do enough for us.everone on board were friendly and in holiday mood . I would recomend this type of holiday anyone.

• Advice: loved the ship

"Best Holiday Ever!!!!"

9 / 10

(user rating)

Date of Holiday: Apr 2010 Submitted By: zelda

We went over Easter on the 10th April and we absolutely loved this holiday. When we got on the ship and saw our cabin were reasonably impressed, having read some really negative comments I was a little afraid but the room was small, very clean and more than adequate. We didn't expect to spend a great deal of time in the cabin anyway.

The food was great always plenty of choice and the service was great. We had a meal in the restuarant you pay extra for and the food and service in their was top class, i would highly recommend it. The restaurants and bars are very hygienic as you constantly have to us the hand sanitizers.

Entertainment staff were fantastic as they were all multi talented, great singers, comedians and comperes. They were all friendly and helpful as there was plenty of choice on what entertainment you wanted to watch.

The trips were easy to get to as you could walk straight off the ship and go for a walk to all the main places. Morocco and lanzorote is when you need a taxi but they are not expensive. We seemed to have a rained cloud attached to as just when we'd get settled on the beach a big rain cloud would find us but it didn't get us down.

I can't recommend this cruise enough, if you are looking for a relaxed holiday that is casual this is the cruise for you.

When the volcano errupted the staff gave us regular updates and we well treated. We were taken off the cruise and put up in 5star accomadation with food included. Thomsons were great and certainly looked after us during our extra days

• Advice: Relaxed and fun
  • Board Basis:full board

"Thank you Island Escape"

10 / 10

(user rating)

Date of Holiday: Apr 2010 Submitted By: chisel

Our first cruise, only booked a week before departure and for value for money how can anybody complain? Food good, wonderful staff, an exceptional cruise director in Ross and his team. We had the mis-fortune to be on the cruise affected by the volcano but Thomsons and the entire staff on board and in the UK worked tirelessly to bring us home.

A holiday we won`t forget in a hurry but all credit to the package holiday- Thank you Island Escape

• Board Basis:FULL BOARD

"Very happy to be home!"

10 / 10

(user rating)

Date of Holiday: Apr 2010 Submitted By: Ally & Lauren

I would just like to praise the wonderful captain and staff of the Island Escape for the fantastic care that we received on our return journey to Falmouth.

The staff couldn't be more helpful in all departments, especially the Kids club where they worked extra hard during the 4 days at sea, providing longer breakfast clubs and more interactve activities throughout the day.

They honoured the original board basis and booking and continued to provide food, entertainment and housekeeping facilities during the extra weeks cruise (All free).

Overall we had a wonderful experience on the Island Escape and would love to return again some day.

I highly recommend this cruise for families with young children!!

• Advice: fantastic

Bet you thought I'd been quiet for a while :D

Hi RR

Thanks for these positive posts! Not worrying but always good to be reassured. I know the 3 of us will enjoy our first cruise. :D Really excited. Bye for now. 5.gifMo.

Hi RR

Thanks for these positive posts! Not worrying but always good to be reassured. I know the 3 of us will enjoy our first cruise. :D Really excited. Bye for now. 5.gifMo.

Bye Mo,

Hope you have a great time.

Berwyn

Hi RR

Hi Mo

Don't worry, most people who are going on their first cruise are apprehensive but without exception they come back on saying they loved it. I think people who go on a lot of cruises forget what a hotel holiday is like and that some of the behaviour of others leaves a lot to be desired in the hotels and resorts. It's a totally different attitude and atmosphere on ship and that is the main thing on board I think. :):)

You'll have a great time. Remember, positive mental attitude.:D

Jan

Hi Mo

Don't worry, most people who are going on their first cruise are apprehensive but without exception they come back on saying they loved it. I think people who go on a lot of cruises forget what a hotel holiday is like and that some of the behaviour of others leaves a lot to be desired in the hotels and resorts. It's a totally different attitude and atmosphere on ship and that is the main thing on board I think. :):)

You'll have a great time. Remember, positive mental attitude.:D

Jan

Looks like Mo, you and RR have made the right choices. Today's returning lot from the Dream are starting to post and it's not good. Sounds like problems not sorted.

Berwyn

Looks like Mo, you and RR have made the right choices. Today's returning lot from the Dream are starting to post and it's not good. Sounds like problems not sorted.

Berwyn

Yeah! but we're going to Turkey. All we need now is for the Turks and Israelis to kick off over what happened the other night. lol. :D

Sounds like Thomson might have been sold a lemon though.

Jan

Yeah! but we're going to Turkey. All we need now is for the Turks and Israelis to kick off over what happened the other night. lol. :D

Jan

No it'll blow over. That lot have been at it since Joshua led the Israelites back into the Promised Land.

After all they deliberately tried to run the Israeli blockade knowing full well it was there and they wouldn't get through.

I don't think the Turkish Government cares about the protesters, just an excuse for a row.

Berwyn

There's always something brewing there. We went to Kos a few years back, which is quite close to Turkey and there were signs everywhere saying no photos. We hired a scooter and went all over but if you looked at the bushes closely you'd see a little tank in there covered with camoflage netting. We sat on the beach once and looked round behind us and there was a whole load of military camped out in the bushes. Just a bit off-putting.:eek::eek:

The Turks had been ousted in the early part of the 20th century after hundreds of years but you would never know they'd ever been there, totally Greek in every way, buildings, people, customs. They're totally paranoid though.:eek:

Jan

There's always something brewing there. We went to Kos a few years back, which is quite close to Turkey and there were signs everywhere saying no photos. We hired a scooter and went all over but if you looked at the bushes closely you'd see a little tank in there covered with camoflage netting. We sat on the beach once and looked round behind us and there was a whole load of military camped out in the bushes. Just a bit off-putting.:eek::eek:

The Turks had been ousted in the early part of the 20th century after hundreds of years but you would never know they'd ever been there, totally Greek in every way, buildings, people, customs. They're totally paranoid though.:eek:

Jan

I got a telling off by a shopkeeper in Rhodes last June when she asked where we were going next and I said Ephesus in Turkey. Gave me a telling off saying it wasn't Turkish it was Greek . She was right, as when it was in full swing it would have been a Greek city.

But the tanks and soldiers creeping about in the shrubbery's another thing.:eek:

Berwyn

I got a telling off by a shopkeeper in Rhodes last June when she asked where we were going next and I said Ephesus in Turkey. Gave me a telling off saying it wasn't Turkish it was Greek . She was right, as when it was in full swing it would have been a Greek city.

But the tanks and soldiers creeping about in the shrubbery's another thing.:eek:

Berwyn

We didn't go but I know you have to be careful if you go on a trip from Greece to Turkey that you don't get your passport stamped there as the Greeks might not let you back in.:eek::eek: Touchy or what. Also, if you go to Northern Cyprus where the Turks are you have to go via Turkey. Someone who works with DH said the plane touched down on a runway in Turkey and took straight off again, heaven knows why.:eek:

Jan

We didn't go but I know you have to be careful if you go on a trip from Greece to Turkey that you don't get your passport stamped there as the Greeks might not let you back in.:eek::eek: Touchy or what. Also, if you go to Northern Cyprus where the Turks are you have to go via Turkey. Someone who works with DH said the plane touched down on a runway in Turkey and took straight off again, heaven knows why.:eek:

Jan

When the ship stopped in Kusadasi we just wandered off showing our ship's I.D. card. left the passport in the safe.

I suppose you'd need it if you say stayed in Rhodes and went over to Turkey on the hydrofoil.

Berwyn

When the ship stopped in Kusadasi we just wandered off showing our ship's I.D. card. left the passport in the safe.

I suppose you'd need it if you say stayed in Rhodes and went over to Turkey on the hydrofoil.

Berwyn

That's the best thing about a cruise, it's like being in your own little country. You'd definitely need your passport if you did that trip which might be a one way one, lol. I think if we did this trip land based we would go to the other place and stay there, it's the coming back that might cause trouble.:eek: That said I think they've been getting along a bit better these days, they used to wind each other up a lot more a few years ago.

Jan

That's the best thing about a cruise, it's like being in your own little country. You'd definitely need your passport if you did that trip which might be a one way one, lol. I think if we did this trip land based we would go to the other place and stay there, it's the coming back that might cause trouble.:eek: That said I think they've been getting along a bit better these days, they used to wind each other up a lot more a few years ago.

Jan

Yes I remember that, they used to be always aggrivating each other. Especially over the partition line in Cyprus.

Berwyn

Berwyn

My middle name is lucky :D stick with me and you wil be ok :p

I can make a bady day a good day...:cool:

Archived