Video of stateroom

dvonder

Found a video of one of the balcony staterooms.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81000972/

Interesting. I was having a lot of trouble visualizing the layout of the bathroom facilities and this sums it up. So the sink area is outside near the bed, that's different. The shower looks nice! I've seen lot's of threads of those weary about the the cloudy glass partitions being the only separation, I don't mind this at all and there is the curtain too, if needed.

Thanks for posting.

Tanya

Wow what a find! at last we have cabin footage!!! Trying to find out what the cabin number is by freeze-framing the footage of the back of the door but with no avail. Looks like a standard balcony cabon. Shower & WC both look quite spacious but the end of the bed just looks like its held up by a pole? Lighting looks great as well.

Thanks for posting! Great video.

Not a fan of these rooms. This configuration looks cramped. Can sit on corner of bed and brush your teeth. Other configuration might be better but I don't think I'll be booking one of these cabins.

Thanks for posting! Great video.

Not a fan of these rooms. This configuration looks cramped. Can sit on corner of bed and brush your teeth. Other configuration might be better but I don't think I'll be booking one of these cabins.

You are hardly EVER in your cabin.

Funny because I see no point in booking anything bigger for 2 people. Why waste all that money on suites etc ?

Funny because I see no point in booking anything bigger for 2 people. Why waste all that money on suites etc ?

Mike, I used to share your view point, but since discovering the suite life, I doubt that I would ever go back to a balcony or inside cabin.

Have you ever stayed in a Villa or suite?

Maybe YOU are hardly ever in YOUR cabin.

A good part of my vacation is spent reconnecting with the wife.;) Having a toilet 3 feet away from the bed is not very conducive to the atmosphere. Sorry but a curtain doesn't help. I can just imagine how ratty those curtains may look after a few months if they don't change them regularly.

I'm way over climbing over and around beds or people to get from one end of the cabin to another. So, yeah, its worth it to me to spend some more money and have some room in the suite I'm living in for 7 or more days on my vacation.

Also, I'm 6'4" and I'm picturing my knee mashed up against the frosted glass when on the commode. That's attractive.

So you play your way and I'll play mine, I just won't doing my playing in that cabin. Which translates into more availability for you, so be happy.

Don't forget folks, there are 2 configurations for this cabin. Bed by bathroom, or bed by balcony door. I happen to think having the couch next to the balcony door would be more to my liking, and that's what we've booked. But I can see the benefit by having the bed there as well.

I'm a little surprised at the size too. You would think a ship this size might attempt making their cabins a bit more spacious.. I know, I know.. less cabins, less revenue. :p

Thanks for posting the link, OP!!

Maybe YOU are hardly ever in YOUR cabin.

A good part of my vacation is spent reconnecting with the wife.;) Having a toilet 3 feet away from the bed is not very conducive to the atmosphere. Sorry but a curtain doesn't help. I can just imagine how ratty those curtains may look after a few months if they don't change them regularly.

I'm way over climbing over and around beds or people to get from one end of the cabin to another. So, yeah, its worth it to me to spend some more money and have some room in the suite I'm living in for 7 or more days on my vacation.

Also, I'm 6'4" and I'm picturing my knee mashed up against the frosted glass when on the commode. That's attractive.

So you play your way and I'll play mine, I just won't doing my playing in that cabin. Which translates into more availability for you, so be happy.

Hey you do it your way my friend that is fine with me.

I just see little point of paying to stay in a room for a whole week when surely you must have a room at home where you can "reconnect" with the wife. ;)

Hey you do it your way my friend that is fine with me.

I just see little point of paying to stay in a room for a whole week when surely you must have a room at home where you can "reconnect" with the wife. ;)

To each his own. Enjoy.

BTW, I think the room looks great. This looks like a standard balcony and I can't wait to see the deluxe balcony.

The room does look a tiny bit smaller, but overall it looks great now that all the art and TV is fitted (I still want more colours, but what can you do). The lighting on the ceiling is lovely!

Great post, but WOW is that room small. Looks smaller with it dark like that too. I'm sure it feels a bit better with sunlight coming in and the balcony curtains open. It's sure gonna be a tight fit for our family of 4. :)

I DO like the bathroom layout though. With 4 of us we easily have 3 things going on at once. That will work out nicely. The only thing that concerns me now about the bathroom is having SLIDING doors. My experience with sliding doors is they tend to clunk......clunk......clunk....as the ship moves. Let's hope there's a strong magnet or similar holding them closed. :)

Wow...I'm a petite gal, 5'1" about 118 and I think this rooms looks "TINY"....:o

Yes, grant you...you are not in your cabin a great deal...but still one word...

WOW....

(thinking I will have to ask one of my family members to step outside so I can change my mind even...LOL)

Oh well...we will make the best of it. :)

Thanks for posting the link. I am sooooo glad we booked two adjoining cabins for our family of four!

We have adjoining for 7 of us. lol. At least we get two baths (plus maybe the one down the hall at the gym!)

Yikes ... I was watching that and thinking maybe I should have booked the Deluxe Family Balcony for the extra 50 sq ft ... but I really love having an Aft balcony.

Last summer we sailed on Pride of America and the balcony cabins were tiny (being Aft though, we had a great extended balcony). This does not look any larger than POA's cabin. :eek:

At least this summer, there will only be two of us in the cabin vs three of us. Last year, with the couch bed open, the room was wall to wall beds and it was really really really tight ...

After looking at the video and some pictures of a regular balcony cabin from the Jewel I think I can come up with a few conclusions:

- The length of the cabin is definitely a lot shorter.

- The average overall width (wall to wall, not including shelving/closets/cabinets) might be a bit wider than the Jewel's regular balcony cabins.

- The toilet area is a lot more spacious, lots of leg room there.

- The bathroom glass is very heavily frosted and I doubt too many people will complaint about the glass transparency once the reviews start pouring in. I still think they should have went for a coloured frosted glass as opposed to white for some added privacy though.

- With the new split bathroom design, the shelving and closet spaces was moved from the front of the room across the bathroom area on the Jewel to across the couch on the Epic. This is what makes the room look narrow and small. I also wonder what use is the counter space at the foot of the bed is for, that part seems mostly pointless (only reason I can think of is that the counter is there to protect the TV so people wouldn't walk into it) and would create a lot more space if it wasn't there.

- I'm convinced a cabin with the bed closer to the balcony will look much larger and should even have a bigger balcony door/window. That way the cabin will be narrower when you first come through the door like any cabin on other ships (bathroom then the wave-in) then would open up to the wave-out and bigger balcony door opening.

With the couch by the balcony you first walk into the narrow bathroom area (which blocks some of the view of the wider more spacious wave-out portion) and your eyes will automatically focus on the narrow wave-in/couch area.

Now I have a question, does the regular balcony cabin bed on the Jewel ships split like the ones in inside and oceanview cabins? The bed on the Epic sure doesn't look like it can be split into 2...

Now I have a question, does the regular balcony cabin bed on the Jewel ships split like the ones in inside and oceanview cabins? The bed on the Epic sure doesn't look like it can be split into 2...

Yes they do as do the twin beds on the Epic made up like a queen in the video.

Archived