Solstice/Equinox - Small, Intimate Bar?

sfgoguy

I'll be on the Equinox in August and would like suggestions in advance from those who've traveled on the Solstice (or the Equinox - has it launched, yet?) for the best small, intimate bar. I know there will be too many bars to count and most will be larger. But, I want to find one for a gathering of about a dozen friends aboard ship where we would not be lost in a large crowd. Tips/suggestions? :confused:

Thanks.

Hi - there are a number of smaller bars on the Solstice. But one I like is the Martini Bar. If you are a group of 12, there are these curtained-enclaves where a group can sit, and you will be kind of enclosed.

Are you going on one of the Atlantis cruises by any chance?

Hi - there are a number of smaller bars on the Solstice. But one I like is the Martini Bar. If you are a group of 12, there are these curtained-enclaves where a group can sit, and you will be kind of enclosed.

Are you going on one of the Atlantis cruises by any chance?

The group that I'm gathering is from all over the world - we've joined together via e-mail to book a gay tour in Istanbul and we're planning to meet on the first day out (shortly after embarkation) to introduce ourselves in person.

I'm presuming the bars onboard the Equinox will have the same names as those on the Solstice. Another poster recommended Michael's on the Equinox. With these 2 bar names, I'll try to find them on the ship's deck plan to see which would better suit this first-time meeting. :)

Thanks, fellows, for the info - and for responding so promptly. ;)

A great place to meet....is the Sunset bar on deck 15 aft. Its a nice size outdoor bar with some nice comy seating.During sail away after msuer it may be just a bit less crowded to allow for conversation.

In side

1. Michaels as recommended

2 Cellar Mastrs...many dont get to know this space. You can always grab a drink at the martinin bar and walk over.

3. Passport bar.....once everyon is aboard, most will head topside providing this space for your group.

Sunset Bar....on the Solstice maiden voyage lots of family met there nd started great conversations.

Wish I was going with you......but will hit the Eclipse in 2011.....my first cross the pond!:cool:

A great place to meet....is the Sunset bar on deck 15 aft. Its a nice size outdoor bar with some nice comy seating.During sail away after msuer it may be just a bit less crowded to allow for conversation.

In side

1. Michaels as recommended

2 Cellar Mastrs...many dont get to know this space. You can always grab a drink at the martinin bar and walk over.

3. Passport bar.....once everyon is aboard, most will head topside providing this space for your group.

Sunset Bar....on the Solstice maiden voyage lots of family met there nd started great conversations.

Wish I was going with you......but will hit the Eclipse in 2011.....my first cross the pond!:cool:

You're such a "fount" of information on all things nautical. I'll print out your list and check against the deck plan. I really like the outdoor Sunset Bar idea since it will be late afternoon (5:30ish) and we'll be sailing away from Venice. Should be quite the scene - in many ways! :eek:

Wish you were aboard, too, Tom. Happy cruising.

Be bad on the ship......I was sooo good on Solstice...with many regrets.

A mistake I wont repeat on the Emerald Princess next week. As I have said before ...ya are what ya sail on...that makes me an Emerald.:D:D:D

Archived