First Timer 7 Night Alaska Tracy Arm Celebrity Infinity /Questions

gamesstate

Hi everybody!

This is my first cruise ever and Im booked on the 7 Night Alaska Tracy Arm Fjord Cruise Onboard Celebrity Infinity sailing July 30.

I have some questions that you might be able to help me with.

First, what beverages are incluided with the cruise. I know fountain sodas and bottled water is not, so what is?

Also, how about shore excursions. Should I get them from the Celebrity Website or try to find something when the ship disembarks?

Any excursions on Alaska that you recommend.

This is our first cruise and is for a very special occasion, a honeymoon!!!

Also, we got a Concierge Class cabin per recomendation of a Travel Agent.

Thank in advance for any suggestions!!!

Dan

Hi everybody!

This is my first cruise ever and Im booked on the 7 Night Alaska Tracy Arm Fjord Cruise Onboard Celebrity Infinity sailing July 30.

I have some questions that you might be able to help me with.

Dan

Welcome Dan. I will be on the ship with you! Please join us at our connections call. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=283

I am not a seasoned Celebrity traveler but I have done a lot of research on the boards. Most people wait and book their excursions at the port... however, I do not. I always book mine on the ship. I like the comfort of knowing they will take me and bring me back, and I will not have to worry about getting back on time. People say it is cheaper to book off the ship... but I like worry free vacations.

A lot of people LOVE the glacier flights or helicopter rides that take you to the glaciers. We have booked one of those tours. A whale sightseeing trip is a must and there are a number of good ones to choose from. The Yucon White Summit Rail trip is also a must I have been told. There are two... a full day and 1/2 day. We are doing the half day since we do not want to devote all of our day to this. Don't forget the bears too... you may wish to view bears at the Salmon runs. We have one of those booked too. I understand we are going at a perfect time to see the run. Y

Drinks that are provided free: Very little in fact. You get coffee, tea, water, fruit punches at all the meals. Anything else comes at a cost. There have been a lot of threads devoted to the new packages. I went ahead and purchased the classic beverage package, but my friend did not. She is just going to pay as she goes. Again it comes down to, for me, I don't want any surprises... I want everything paid for before i step onto the ship.

Hope this helps.

Done, just checked the other forum and I already joined the Cruise Critir connection party list. I think Ill reserve some excursions directly, like the helicopter trip to the glacier and the other ones on port wehere there might be some other choices!!

See you onboard!

Drinks. Compared to other lines that we've tried, Celebrity has more "free" drink options. In the Oceanview, you'll find drink dispensers that will dispense juices in the morning like pass-o-guava, apple, etc., which switch to iced tea, lemonade, and fruitpunch at lunch and dinner. There will also be water, hot tea, hot chocolate, coffee, and milk available.

Shore Excursions. Don't miss a whale watching trip in Juneau. Also consider the Deadliest Catch excursion in Ketchikan. It is generally a little cheaper if you book off the ship and it is often exactly the same excursion. Look around in the Alaska site on cruise critic for suggestions. Sometimes, they aren't available, however.

Other Infinity Things. Don't miss Brent Nixon's lectures. Sounds boring, but they're really great. Very, very entertaining.

Archived