Riviera in September Experiences

somekevinguy

This is very similar to another recent thread but I didn't want to hijack that one.

I booked the 7 day on the Carnival Splendor for September 12 because the prices were like half price compared to a lot of the rest of the year. I was hoping it was just because that is when school went back in session. Well after googling "Mexican Riviera in September" I now know the real reason it is so cheap. Do you guys think it is worth the risk?

When I look at historical data it is pretty much like clock work. Every year pretty much without exception there has been a tropical storm or hurricane in September. I don't know how these things behave. Do they usually hit the entire area or are they pretty localized and ship will try and stay away from it? How long do they usually last, a day or two, or could I be in a storm the entire cruise? If I get lucky and miss the storm or hurricane should the weather be sunny and hot or is it going to be marginal at best?

I don't have a ton of money so almost half off for a family of four is pretty significant and tempting. I have never been on a cruise ship in a big storm. Can anyone chime in, especially if you have actually been on a ship down there in a storm or hurricane.

The captain will not put you in danger. Your itinerary may get changed. Our cruise during September was done in a different order, but we missed no ports. Some of the excursions were cancelled due to damaged boats, murky waters, etc. We don't let hurricane season stop us.

Yeah I wasn't really worried about danger. I was more worried about 7 days on a boat with rainy, overcast, stormy weather and high seas with us all sea sick the whole time. I don't really even mind missing ports. I have no problem enjoying the boat the whole time. Thanks for the replies.

Archived