Help with upgrade to a suite...

rhinomike

We have 2 connecting rooms booked for the June 26th 2010 deparute on the star.... Me, my wife and 4 boys. We have been watching to see if any suites open up and been thinking about an upgrade. No suites have been avaialbe for the last 8 weeks.... Today we checked and there are 8 suites that opened up.... kind of weird. I listed the numbers below. Could these be the new cabins or are they only on deck 12? Is it weird that the 8 suites opened up? Kind of surprised me... When we called NCL a few weeks ago they said all of the suites were sold out.... We thought maybe 1 would pop open due to a cancellation but 8 of them???? Can anyone give me more info about these class AB Suites? Thanks guys and gals....

why not phone up and book one now, instead of advertising their availability here? ;)

Maybe a large group cancelled?

Phone and ask if you really want a suite! :D Good luck, fingers crossed it's not a gremlin in their PC...

I know for a fact that some people have done an upsell from two cabins to a suite. Might be worth another try and ask for a supervisor. Tell them you tried to book the suite before, but they were not available and you want to book it now. Make sure you know what all the prices are up front though.

Well I finally got someone that said they would let me upgrade from 2 rooms to a suite....

The cost will be an additional $3,500.00... OUCH. Is it worth it? I thought I was sold on it but that is quite a bit of money...... Maybe if I wait the price will go down or maybe they will all sale out and I wont get one..... I cant deicde.

Like I said before, make sure you know what the price should be. Looks like an AB with 5 people is running over $8k. Crazy.

$3,500 is pretty steep. Worth it? Some will say yes, and others would say no, at even half or a quarter of that.

Can not imagine they are going to sell all those suites in the next two weeks. Some people are going to get a nice upsell offers.

I just went in and looked at booking this cruise at various category levels. There are a TON of open cabins right now. I can not imagine they will be anywhere near full on this sailing. Maybe they will start offering some sale prices in the next week or so?

We love those suites, but I would not pay that and would watch closely to see if the rates drop.

Well I finally got someone that said they would let me upgrade from 2 rooms to a suite....

The cost will be an additional $3,500.00... OUCH. Is it worth it? I thought I was sold on it but that is quite a bit of money...... Maybe if I wait the price will go down or maybe they will all sale out and I wont get one..... I cant deicde.

:eek: IMO, it's not worth that much extra money. Yes, the "suite life" on NCL is great and no doubt you'd love it, but $3,500 would go a long way in covering onboard expenses and maybe some fantastic excursions such as a helicopter flight. Who knows, you might even decide to use some of the "savings" as a deposit on another cruise!:D

But the truth is that only you can decide if it's really worth it. Of course, if you can afford it and not worry about the extra cost, then it would be wonderful. Otherwise, it might not be the best thing to do.

Have a delightful cruise, regardless of what you choose.

beachchick

Wow- that's a lot of cashola. I was having trouble spending $450 extra for a mini. LOL

Here is my take. Once you sail in a suite it will be hard to go back to anything less. I would keep your two rooms, spend some of that savings on a nice excursion and book another trip when you get back. You will be jonesing to go again from the second you step off the ship.

D.H. and I just returned from our first "suite life" experience on the NCL Star. Will I sail in a NCL Suite again, yes yes yes! Would I pay $3500 to upgrade I don't think so but only you know if you would have buyers remorse. Suite perks are wonderful and if you don't like standing in line with the masses it definitely is worth the upgrade.

Sherri and Clay

i just paid $1000. for an upgrade to an AB suite on June 19th (Jewel). I already had a great deal to begin with too, so I'm really getting a great total price. It's almost 50% off what it should be. There are four of us in the suite, two adults and two children. We're super excited. 3500 seems high but I know it's for more people. Good luck, enjoy you cruise whatever you decide :p

Maybe this means the construction is done? I read that some people were moved out of those suites due to noise above from the 12th deck construction. I hope you called and got one!

I am sure that this is the case. We were bumped out of 11530 due to the deck 12 construction on our trip last month.

Archived