First Time In Barbados on Carnival Victory

Highlander30135

Highlander , there are wrecks to snorkel off shore and lot's of companies with

loyal followings that go there . I tried snorkeling from the shore a few years back but encountered rough waves ( all that week ) just my luck . We have since been out with private charters and have always had a great time . It is my belief ( after reading many posts ) that you can't go wrong with many of them . The Barbadians , is that right ? , are wonderful people and have made Barbados one of our favorite ports to visit . Read some posts and contact

some operators and you will do fine .

Side note We have been to swim with turtles in Nov and Jan and it's always been a mess for us . All the boats pull up to two or three turtles and everyone from all tours start jostling one another to get a glimpse . Too much hassle for me . We are going to BB again in Jan , but anymore my expectations are low for the turtle stop . But I love the wrecks! PS we love Capt . Ron . Silvermoon and Tiami are also talked of highly . There are many reputable tour boats to choose from . Good Luck Ted

Book a catamaran cruise with calabaza. They are a smaller ship (but still roomy) and only take out a max of 12 passengers. They have amazing food and snacks, non stop drinks (alcohol and non-alcohol) and a wonderful crew of Gina, Danny and Kalli. We vacation in Barbados almost every year and going out with them is the highlight. This year we went for two weeks in Feb and went out with calabaza 3 times. They hit most of the normal sights, the ship wreck area and also the turtle areas. On each occasion we saw at least 10+ turtles. As mentioned in other posts Tiami and Cool runnings are also good, (have been on both) but they are bigger ships often carrying 40+ people and sometimes a bit rowdier, but in a good way. You can certainly get rowdy on calabaza if you want to. :)

Just google: calabaza sailing cruises they have a great website.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked with Shasa and had no regrets, it was the highlight of our trip. It's a smaller boat, but he took us to an area where we were the only boat with 8-10 turtles, so crowds weren't a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
We booked a catamaran cruise through the Boatyard... it was the best excursion we've ever done! We had a blast. We snorkeled over a shipwreck and with sea turtles, had a great lunch and some yummy drinks. Barbados is gorgeous...

Haven't done the cat at the Boatyard ... BUT do agree that Barbados is awesome & do go repeatedly to the Boatyard!!! Liked Malibu Beach too.

Archived