Carnival stop in Belize

GranthamMommy

Any comments on Coral Breeze's "tour" to Caye Caulker? We want a quiet day. No ruins. No snorkeling. The boat leaves you there for three hours. We figure we'd have a good local meal, a cocktail or two, visit the few shops, walk, maybe take a dip.

Comments, suggestions appreciated....

Coral Breeze is the easiest & surest way to get to & from Caye Caulker.

You will be dropped off at a great local place to eat & I recommend the chicken quarter with rice as it is great. I think that you can request white or dark meat.

We were on Caye Caulker on 5/19/10 & went by way of the local water taxi & walked & looked & the restaurant where you will be dropped off by Coral Breeze is about the only place that I saw there where I'd eat. Unless you are really adventuresome.

It had & continued to rain a little & walking the sand streets required lots of navigation to miss the water puddles.

We walked to the split & I don't think that I'd swim there as who knows where you might wind up.

We are not as adventureous as we were when we were a bit younger.

Go to Caye Caulker & have a super time.

Bill in FL

I found Caye Caulker two years ago on the Valor...Took some land trips. NOW I live in San Pedro, a 20 minute boat ride away from Caye Caulker..

You can explore the village in an hour and have a Belikin Beer at the Lazy Lizard. Also good swimming at the Lazy Lizard also known as the "split"..

The "local food" in Belize is Stew chicken with rice and beans. This meal can be had for around $10-12 bz almost anywhere. Lobster season opens up next week and lots of festivities going on thru the country.

You must mean $10 to $12 in Belize dollars which is $5 to $6 US ?

Hope so !

Bill in FL

Yes $1us = $2bz.

I have been in Belize for almost two years and making my first trip back to the states in Aug.

Here it is not uncommon to confirm if the quoted price is in BZ$ or US$.

I am sure I will get some looks if i slip up and ask the cashier at walmart if the price is in US $.

Archived