Sleep Inn Suites

scjill

Hello,

I'm new to this board and was wondering if anyone out there has spent a precruise night at the Sleep Inn suites in Dania(close to Ft. Lauderdale)?

I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks Jill:)

Hello,

I'm new to this board and was wondering if anyone out there has spent a precruise night at the Sleep Inn suites in Dania(close to Ft. Lauderdale)?

I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks Jill

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks Jill:)

We booked this for our pre-cruise night too. Reviews I have read have said that the rooms are a bit small, but clean. Since we are only there for 1 night, I can deal with small after all... what is the room on the ship going to be? Can't wait!! Shame, I have to. I liked the fact that the hotel will pick you up from the airport and provide transportation to the ship. As well as the price was right. Hope someone will reply who has stayed at this hotel though.

The Sleep Inn is relatively new. Its in a safe area, shopping center next door with a supermarket, hair salon, liquor store, pizzeria etc. If you have time, grab a cab to Hollywood Beach, its three minutes from the hotel. There's a beautiful broadwalk (paved boardwalk) that runs about 5 miles along the beach. Lots of restaurants around Johnson Street.

We stayed at this Sleep Inn pre-cruise in January. It was very nice for one night. It is relatively new and was clean. Our room was not that small. We had an area with a king bed and then there was another area with a sofa and table. There was also a refrigerator. It was just a clean comfortable room that you would find at any chain-type hotel. The staff at the front desk were curteous and helpful. We were picked up at the airport by the shuttle. We waited perhaps 15 minutes after calling.

When we checked in we signed up for the shuttle to the ship. They seemed very organized in getting people on the shuttles to the ship. The morning we left there were eleven ships in port! As we got on the shuttle, they had a list of those who were assigned to the shuttle at that time. There were others waiting outside who were assigned to a later shuttle. They were told their shuttle would be arriving soon.

The breakfast area was crowded and busy which one would expect with the hotel being sold out and everyone leaving for their cruise. Again, it was a typical chain-type breakfast buffet. Since I knew I would be boarding, a cruise ship in a couple of hours, the breakfast was not a priority for me.

There is a Walgreens next door which is handy for last minutes shopping. Hope this helps.

Archived